Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Logging into BBpress admin panel

• Hi, I did an integration between wordpress and bbpress about six months ago. About 2 months ago, I lost the ability to login to my admin screen for bbpress. When I go to my bbpress forum, I’m automatically logged in as the admin and can add/delete posts, edit my profile (it looks like I’m still the keymaster, but I’m not sure), etc. However, I can’t get to my bbpress admin panel. When I click on the “Forum Dashboard” link, it takes me to my wordpress admin panel. When I go to the URL that used to take me to my bbpress admin panel, I get my wordpress blog page (a default page, I believe). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • I have exactly the same issue

I integrated (cookie) not data and seem to loose the admin area

I can seem to find the bb-config.php only a sample

I have exactly the same issue

I integrated (cookie) not data and seem to loose the admin area

I can seem to find the bb-config.php only a sample

Make sure you have the integration plugin running on the WordPress side

Make sure you have the integration plugin running on the WordPress side

Yep. I’ve got the integration plugin running on the WordPress side (if it’s the one called “BBPress Admin”). When I click on it in the WordPress admin panel, I get a sub-window that should be the bbpress admin panel. Instead, it’s just showing my blog (which I think it’s picking up as a default.) Thanks for the suggestion though…

Yep. I’ve got the integration plugin running on the WordPress side (if it’s the one called “BBPress Admin”). When I click on it in the WordPress admin panel, I get a sub-window that should be the bbpress admin panel. Instead, it’s just showing my blog (which I think it’s picking up as a default.) Thanks for the suggestion though…

No

Plugin named bbPress integration

No

Plugin named bbPress integration

Thanks, man. I did add and activate the “bbPress integration” plugin and am still having the same issue…how about you Paul, are you still having this issue too?

Thanks, man. I did add and activate the “bbPress integration” plugin and am still having the same issue…how about you Paul, are you still having this issue too?

Try logging out of both bbpress and wp, then logging back into bbpress only. That works for me.

Try logging out of both bbpress and wp, then logging back into bbpress only. That works for me.

yeah clear the cookies after you have done everything. for instance, try a different browser

yeah clear the cookies after you have done everything. for instance, try a different browser

@ topic starter this is a known issue for a long time..

You can’t do anything against it. (maybe do a new integration) but don’t do anything without backing up..

Try this:

Go back to your WordPress site Log-out > move back to the forum page and log-in on the bbPress site as the admin than you see you can go to the bbPress back-end..

Now you also can go to the WordPress site and jump to the WordPress back-end.

So my advice would be try to delete the WordPress log-in section from your WordPress site and try to include the bbPress log-in section into the WordPress section else you will keep this issue.

(i have the same issue)

@ topic starter this is a known issue for a long time..

You can’t do anything against it. (maybe do a new integration) but don’t do anything without backing up..

Try this:

Go back to your WordPress site Log-out > move back to the forum page and log-in on the bbPress site as the admin than you see you can go to the bbPress back-end..

Now you also can go to the WordPress site and jump to the WordPress back-end.

So my advice would be try to delete the WordPress log-in section from your WordPress site and try to include the bbPress log-in section into the WordPress section else you will keep this issue.

(i have the same issue)

@Jaja its not a known issue. I have done numerous setups till far

@Jaja its not a known issue. I have done numerous setups till far

Hello,

fel, I have recently installed fresh new wordpress and bbpress on my web site. I am still running into the problem of posts not being created unless default forum is filled in on the options screen. However, I can’t override this by using a different forum number on the write a post page. Any idea what the hangup is there?

Thanks

Hello,

fel, I have recently installed fresh new wordpress and bbpress on my web site. I am still running into the problem of posts not being created unless default forum is filled in on the options screen. However, I can’t override this by using a different forum number on the write a post page. Any idea what the hangup is there?

Thanks

Cool. I finally got in. Thanks, everyone. What I did was install the bbPress Integration plugin, clear my cookies, and then log into bbpress admin w/ a different browser (Firefox instead of IE).

Cool. I finally got in. Thanks, everyone. What I did was install the bbPress Integration plugin, clear my cookies, and then log into bbpress admin w/ a different browser (Firefox instead of IE).

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar