language file ?
sorry , is this a Language file ?
where i can see it in bbpress files ?
thank you sri .
These instructions are for WordPress but the procedure is the same:
Then, according to the config.php:
// Change this to localize bbPress. A corresponding MO file for the
// chosen language must be installed to bb-includes/languages.
// For example, install de.mo to bb-includes/languages and set BBLANG to 'de'
// to enable German language support.
So, according to that, use poedit to generate the mo file (maybe it’s ar.mo for arabic?) and drop the ar.mo file you just created into the bb-includes/languages folder. Now change the BBLANG line to read:
I am guessing on the ar as the proper language according to this page I found:
I am totally guessing at all of this, but I think that’s pretty close to what you need to do. When you’re done translating, please post back and share your work. Thanks.
thank you my frind!
i will shunt to do this jop , but i need to ask:
there is a Arabic Language for WP , can I use it for BBpress ?
now i am use poEdit to translating the .po file …
whare i can bot the new .po file to show the translat in the site ?
thank you again
sorry for the many post at this time …
i was try to use the translated file in
and i was succeed in this job!
i will translating tha file in this week and i will but it free to all ,
thank you again
1. No, you can’t use the WordPress translation because there might be phrases that occur in bbPress that aren’t translated already for WordPress. I think you already discovered and resolved that.
2. You already figured out where to put the mo file (bb-includes/languages)
3. I have seen a couple different posts for places to host the translations, maybe this one would be OK?
I have no idea how to get it hosted “officially” at Automattic.
Thanks for translating.
1.thank you My frind …
Now i am translating ,
2.There is a problem in a Tags whith arabic words
3.can i crat “ar.bbpress.org” and suport an arab user ?
4.chrishajer : are you an arab ?
1. No problem
2. I am unfamiliar with the tag problem, but I *thought* it was fixed in r846
3. I don’t know about creating a subdomain of bbPress.org. You could always create your own site to support an arab user.
4. Nope, not an arab. American. People do call me hajii sometimes, but I’m pretty much American
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.