Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

The Chinese tags will be wrong

• henry014

@henry014

In bbPress vers. 0.8, the Chinese tag name’s problem fixed. When I add a Chinese tag name, the tags was added success!

But when I click the Chinese tag link, there will be a error message in Firefox “Redirect method is not correct” (this is transfer from Chinese… so I’m not sure it’s correct text, but it’s the same meaning.)

Looks like it has some error so that make a unlimited loop…

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• fel64

@fel64

And the problem is only for Chinese tags? Plain english tags with no special characters work okay?

henry014

@henry014

yes, only in Chinese tags!

The English tags works great!

henry014

@henry014

henry014

@henry014

I got a method to fix this problem.

I edit the config.php file, the line text is “$bb->mod_rewrite = false;”.

I changed the value to true and the tag problem was fixed!

I don’t know why, but I use the “tags.php?tag=XXX” to get topics list will be wrong!

fel64

@fel64

Hey Henry, unfortunately it isn’t working for me. Going to your forum and clicking on the Chinese tab gets me an error page in FF but not in IE7:

The page isn't redirecting properly
    Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
    * This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

No idea why!

Hi, same problem here in Japan (no wonder;-p)

The error is caused by a function bb_repermalink() in bb-includes/functions.php, which redirects the request to the correct permalink. You will see what is happening by setting the debug flag in your config file and access the tag page which causes the error

config.php

$bb->debug = 1;

Must be lacking utf8_uri_encode() somewher. I tried adding this right before the evaluation part at the bottom of the function and it seems to be working so far.

$domain = bb_get_option('domain');
    $domain = preg_replace('/^https?/', '', $domain);
    $check = preg_replace( '|^.*' . trim($domain, ' /' ) . '|', '', $permalink, 1 );
    $check = utf8_uri_encode($check); // add this line

Well, I don’t really understand the structure of the bbPress source code so the solution here is something very opportunistic and may cause a side-effect.

Thanks for posting a solution!

What does bb->debug do? What was the error you got?

Hi, Felix.

I also got Redirect Loop error. bbPress keeps redirecting me to the same tag page as it compares decoded actual uri string and non-decoded should-be string.

$bb->debug = 1 will show the actual- and should-be- request URLs for the tag page, instead of redirecting former to the latter.

This trouble is issued as a difect at https://trac.bbpress.org/ticket/585 , which I may have mixed up.

Hi we have the same problem with Pesian (farsi) adn arabic tags!

any idea!?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar