Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

I've started with 1.0.x but most plugins work with 0.9.x

• I’ve never used bbPress before and went for the latest stable release but most of the plugins I want to work don’t work.

Should I regress or should I wait?

It’s really only what I consider the most important ones – the bbCode buttons, the page number links on topic lists and quoting other people’s posts that I’m after

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• minervaa
    Participant

@minervaa

Having been in the same situation, I would suggest to use 0.9.x version.

pagal
    Participant

@pagal

I wonder who is using 0.9.x??

0.9.x must die…

You can notice just _ck_ plugins not working with with 1.0.x.

I don’t know why she don’t want to upgrade them?

They are all useless :@

citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

Lots of people use 0.9. It’s fast and lean.

Ricardo
    Participant

@ricardouk

@Pagal

just because some dont work for you doesnt mean they’re useless, you should “measure” your words as bbpress only lives because of people like CK, im using some of her pluggins and they work even with svn versions.

pluggins are put in different folders for different versions, have you checked that?

pagal
    Participant

@pagal

bbpress only lives because of people like CK

With no disrespect to CK, bbPress is live because people love it.

When _ck_ was not here till x months, then what happened? bbPress was still working man.

pluggins are put in different folders for different versions, have you checked that?

Yes, I know.

But I wonder, If Subscribe to Topic plugin will with 1.0.x.

@nood – Yah I use 0.9 because it has broader plugin support and it’s also much faster.

@pagal – I believe they moved the subscribe to topic functionality into the core… you can see it in action on this forum, which is running a recent version of bbPress.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Some but not all of my plugins work in 1.0, I just don’t list them as working with 1.0 and I don’t offer support officially under 1.0

Note that absolutely no existing plugin will work under 1.2/2.0 (though some will probably be able to be modified if the author choses to do so).

pagal
    Participant

@pagal

Some but not all of my plugins work in 1.0

Now what you say ricardouk?

Should I measure my words or _ck_ is wrong?

Ricardo
    Participant

@ricardouk

Pagal like i said:

just because some dont work for you doesnt mean they’re useless

i use/used/tried some of her pluggins and they worked even on svn version, when i said “measure your words” was because in my opinion you were being a little “rude”, i understand you forum wasnt working but there was no reason to have a go at her like that… she’s does her work mostly for free, any help is better than none. Give her some time in her own time.

I also do some open source translation for some programs and sometimes comments like yours can have a negative effect…

anyway i can see you’re a SRK so to end this in a friendly way, probably laughing all i can say is:

ALL IZ WELL, ALL IZ WELL

pagal
    Participant

@pagal

You were being a little “rude”

Nope, never.. I doesn’t want to be rude. I always respect _ck_ and love her work. But I also want to see update of her work.

I’m really sorry if you or _ck_ feel bad because of my pinching words.

You are first person who is talking in friendly way :), otherwise this community is really rough and tough then normal WordPress.

Its nice to listen ALL IZ WELL, ALL IZ WELL in this forum :D

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

> But I wonder, If Subscribe to Topic plugin will with 1.0.x.

Subscribe to topic functionality was moved into the core in 1.x, so no plugin will be required.

pagal
    Participant

@pagal

@chrishajer, nope, there is no option.

Did I need anything to activate?

and

Did you delete “Subscribe to Topic” Thread?

mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

Feature is available since [2471]. You need to have the trunk version of bbPress.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar