Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

integration with buddypress

• Hi !

I’m the admin of the french buddypress demo site. I encounter some difficulties with translating bbpress into french.

It seems as bbpress runs with WPMU+buddyPress, the translation is not working correctly. Probably due to cookie session mistake or something like this…

While .mo file is installed in /forum/my-languages directory, many lines are translated by the WPMU .mo file instead of bp’s one.

So, in my case, I need bp completely translated in french, not half showing in english.

Any idea of what is happening ? Thank

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • _dan_ – buddyPress already has a French language mod. Have you tried that? I’m not sure why the prefs would be overwritten, but I think it’s the integration, whcih means it may be a buddyPress forum question.

https://codex.buddypress.org/translations/french-france-fr_fr/

I expected such an answer, Ipstenu !

I already use the french translation, and as i said, it is not working correctly, not working at all. :-)

And i use it because i’m the author of the file you mentionned me.

The admin panel of bb is in french, the public side absolutely not. On the buddy forum, this appears to be a bbpress question, and here it is a buddy question.

Hum…

As end user, I only know that something is not working well between forum and buddy.

Show here by yourselve: http://buddypress-fr.net/bpdemo/forum/

*LOL!* It’s always good to state, up-front, what you’ve done before ;) That way people know and don’t give you useless answers like I did!

Have other buddyPress language translations had the same problem?

honnestly, i think at this time, there are not many people using wpmu+buddy+bb !

And most of them (as i read on several forums) encounters basic difficulties to simply translate the pot file of one or the other…

I translated each of them as a first step

Integrated them as second step

In third step, WPMU translation is ok and works 100%

buddypress is ok – 100%, too

but bbpress, hum, 30%

Hmm. Okay, we need some people with translations on bbPress (alone, no WP/WPMU integration) to give us their results. This could just be the bbPress translation, or it may be due to the integration, but until we test it both ways, it’s hard to say. I don’t use a translation so I can’t really poke around that for you :(

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar