Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Integration: how to apply a custom WordPress theme to bbPress

• Dear friends, from my perspective, integration is mainly meant as sharing and or apply the existent WordPress theme to my brand new bbPress forum.

“users sharing” is not my first issue, I could also say I don’t even care about sharing users, to be true, in my personal case I don’t want forum users to act in my blog.

Now, what about my customized WP theme?

How to use it with bbPress?

How to integrate bbPress theme with my customized wordpress theme?

Thank you for any tip, link and or instruction.

Ciao

Robert

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Now I’ll read as many docs I can, but I would suggest bbPress documentation editors to write in an explicit way

https://bbpress.org/documentation/integration-with-wordpress/

if the existent WordPress theme is automatically applied or if this is not possible, if it must be hacked or what ever :-)

Thank you

R.

Now I’ll read as many docs I can, but I would suggest bbPress documentation editors to write in an explicit way

https://bbpress.org/documentation/integration-with-wordpress/

if the existent WordPress theme is automatically applied or if this is not possible, if it must be hacked or what ever :-)

Thank you

R.

pagal
    Participant

@pagal

@Ashfame… Please request to wpwebhost to remove stupid social icons or change their style or placement. I can’t read your post because of this shit. See it here

I don’t know why people don’t understand how to adjust graphics in various screen resolutions.

Hope you’ll never mind. :)

pagal
    Participant

@pagal

@Ashfame… Please request to wpwebhost to remove stupid social icons or change their style or placement. I can’t read your post because of this shit. See it here

I don’t know why people don’t understand how to adjust graphics in various screen resolutions.

Hope you’ll never mind. :)

@Pagal Increase your resolution

@Pagal Increase your resolution

pagal
    Participant

@pagal

@Ashfame… very smart solution… really thanks :p

pagal
    Participant

@pagal

@Ashfame… very smart solution… really thanks :p

must be living under a rock with 1024 X 768 resolution

must be living under a rock with 1024 X 768 resolution

Dear Ashfame, it is not true what you say,

nowadays there is number of netbook out there with 10″ screens and you should beware about readability.

So there is not need to live under a rock to being surfing at 1024 screen resolution.

Dear Ashfame, it is not true what you say,

nowadays there is number of netbook out there with 10″ screens and you should beware about readability.

So there is not need to live under a rock to being surfing at 1024 screen resolution.

pagal
    Participant

@pagal

Corsari you got it man… What I want to say :-)

pagal
    Participant

@pagal

Corsari you got it man… What I want to say :-)

Corsari,

I do know what readability is. And who told you I will use such a layout with floating icons? Moreover even if I do, I will have different themes for different devices, optimized for their width.

If you are running 1024X768 on a desktop, then you are living under the rock for sure. Either you are not switching to a higher resolution or you are using 15″ monitor. Lower specs are phasing out and people won’t limit their designs for a handful of visitors.

Pagal,

Another thing, I am not the owner of that site, that I am going to accept feedback for that. You want them to do something, approach them, not me.

Corsari,

I do know what readability is. And who told you I will use such a layout with floating icons? Moreover even if I do, I will have different themes for different devices, optimized for their width.

If you are running 1024X768 on a desktop, then you are living under the rock for sure. Either you are not switching to a higher resolution or you are using 15″ monitor. Lower specs are phasing out and people won’t limit their designs for a handful of visitors.

Pagal,

Another thing, I am not the owner of that site, that I am going to accept feedback for that. You want them to do something, approach them, not me.

Hi Ashfame, here, as in other posts, I thank you so much for your answers.

I “talk” with you as you talk with me. We exchange opinions.

I’m a democratic person, so I listen opinions, next I can agree or I can express my “counter-opinion”, they call them “points of view”.

They don’t hold the true, they are useful to grow.

It is supposed that bbPress staff would read our discussions and next take some inspirations for next releases (I like to suppose to)

Now, discussing of technical instead than philosophy, I’ve not enough skill but I find really interesting where you say … I will have different themes for different devices, optimized for their width

Would you kindly give me a rough idea about this solution and or some links where to read about that (I mean bbPress and maybe wordpress related)? I would really thank you so much.

The impression is / it looks like, that we are not so many here (maybe I’m far and wrong, it is simply my impression/sensation), and looks like your knowledge is of a very good level :-): would you like to share it and give “some right tips” to us? Thank you if you.

Ciao

Robert – Verona – Italia

Hi Ashfame, here, as in other posts, I thank you so much for your answers.

I “talk” with you as you talk with me. We exchange opinions.

I’m a democratic person, so I listen opinions, next I can agree or I can express my “counter-opinion”, they call them “points of view”.

They don’t hold the true, they are useful to grow.

It is supposed that bbPress staff would read our discussions and next take some inspirations for next releases (I like to suppose to)

Now, discussing of technical instead than philosophy, I’ve not enough skill but I find really interesting where you say … I will have different themes for different devices, optimized for their width

Would you kindly give me a rough idea about this solution and or some links where to read about that (I mean bbPress and maybe wordpress related)? I would really thank you so much.

The impression is / it looks like, that we are not so many here (maybe I’m far and wrong, it is simply my impression/sensation), and looks like your knowledge is of a very good level :-): would you like to share it and give “some right tips” to us? Thank you if you.

Ciao

Robert – Verona – Italia

pagal
    Participant

@pagal

Ashfame, Your answer is really as expected that I was imagining.

First you will defend your statement “living under a rock with 1024 X 768 resolution”. and second you will direct me to wpwebhost management.

As Corsari, We exchange opinions., So I want to continue..

Definitely, you’ve a connection to their management, that’s why you are referring your post to us, which you’ve written for them or you are using their ads on your personal blog that’s why you are responsible for their repute as your’s as well.

For example, If someone will hurt from my this post on bbPress then its my responsibly to defend my post or bbPress as well because there is a very deep connection b/w me and bbPress (not technically but by heart by soul), then I’ll contact to chrishajer (who is not active on bbPress from last month). I’ll say to him to delete this post because someone is hurting.

So, If WPWebHost physically not here then its your duty as their representative/author to send them tweet or can send them feedback to remove your post because of their disturbing graphical layout, then you can update your post to your own blog, because you’ve different themes for different devices, optimized for their width….

Come on man, you are responsible for your referring link, You can do it. :-)

pagal
    Participant

@pagal

Ashfame, Your answer is really as expected that I was imagining.

First you will defend your statement “living under a rock with 1024 X 768 resolution”. and second you will direct me to wpwebhost management.

As Corsari, We exchange opinions., So I want to continue..

Definitely, you’ve a connection to their management, that’s why you are referring your post to us, which you’ve written for them or you are using their ads on your personal blog that’s why you are responsible for their repute as your’s as well.

For example, If someone will hurt from my this post on bbPress then its my responsibly to defend my post or bbPress as well because there is a very deep connection b/w me and bbPress (not technically but by heart by soul), then I’ll contact to chrishajer (who is not active on bbPress from last month). I’ll say to him to delete this post because someone is hurting.

So, If WPWebHost physically not here then its your duty as their representative/author to send them tweet or can send them feedback to remove your post because of their disturbing graphical layout, then you can update your post to your own blog, because you’ve different themes for different devices, optimized for their width….

Come on man, you are responsible for your referring link, You can do it. :-)

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar