Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Import from vBulletin 3.6.5

• Hello!

I use currently vBulletin 3.6.5 and would like to switch to bbpress. 2 questions:

1) Is there an importer? For threads / forums / users?

2) How does it look like with performance? Is it comparable? Especially with larger boards (300-500 users online)?

Thanks!!!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 1. Unfortunately there’s nothing I can find. No-one on these forums has posted about switching from vBulletin yet, presumably because they’ve invested in it. I can’t help since, well, it’s licensed. Maybe you can look at the data structure yourself and write a converter?

2. No idea, but my guess is far better for performance. That’s one of the main reasons for bb’s existence – to provide even faster forum software than the best the WordPress people could get their hands on. :)

I am not a developer, so that I can’t write something like a converter!

And I also have a paid license for vBulletin. But BBPress seems to fit much better to my needs. That is why, I look forward for somebody to help us switching!

Common, vBulletin (at least in Germany) has 60% market share!

Can you export vBulletin over to a phpBB format? That seems to be the best common thread to imort into bbPress from forum packages that don’t have importers written yet. There is a great phpBB importer here in the forums that might be able to bridge the gap!

Trent

News about this? If there is already something like that I’ll try to use it without exhitation, but if it’s not, I’m gonna write one on my own.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar