Categories
Search
Bottom

Hide top pagination

• kieranw7261
    Participant

@kieranw7261

Hi all

I found an old thread about hiding the top set of pagination. I want to do this but the information in the issue seem to be out of date. Would anyone be able to provide any help on how I can do this. I understand I will probably need to edit the core but I’m OK with that.

Remove top pagination but keep bottom

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Pascal Casier

@casiepa

Hi,
    I suppose with ‘core’ you mean the bbPress plugin code ? NO, NEVER ! You don’t want to loose your changes at the next bbPress update, right ?

I think @robkk answer was the most appropriate one for this topic: Just work on the template, copy it to your (child)theme and modify as he indicated.

See probably step 5 and 6 from https://codex.bbpress.org/themes/theme-compatibility/step-by-step-guide-to-creating-a-custom-bbpress-theme/ an also https://codex.bbpress.org/functions-files-and-child-themes-explained/

Pascal.

kieranw7261
    Participant

@kieranw7261

Hi there

Thanks for the reply.

For the one or two lines of code that needs to be removed from the bbpress plugin files it doesn’t seem right to go to all the effort of a child theme.

I can always remove the code each time the plugins updated.

Would you happen to know where it is and which line I need to remove.

Thanks

kieranw7261
    Participant

@kieranw7261

Hi there,

Would anyone be able to advise on this (even if you dont agree with how Im doing it).

Thanks

Pascal Casier

@casiepa

Hi,
    I would say find the ‘content-single-forum.php’ file and edit it. You will probably see twice a line with <?php bbp_get_template_part( 'pagination', 'topics' ); ?> , so you need to delete the first one to hide the top pagination.

I didn’t test it, just guessing from what I read.

Pascal.

kieranw7261
    Participant

@kieranw7261

Hi there,

Thanks for that. I removed that line but it is still present. Any other ideas where it might be coming from?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar