Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Help with breadcrumbs…

• aeneas1
    Participant

@aeneas1

if i click on the forum menu link i’m taken to the main forum page and the forum breadcrumbs show:

home > forums > forums

i would like this to instead show: home > index

——————————-

if i click on a category title (text in the bar) the breadcrumb shows:

home > forum > catergory

i would like this to instead show: home > index > category

——————————-

if i click on a forum within the category from the main forum page, the breadcrumb shows:

home > forums > category > forum

i would like this to instead show: home > index > category > forum

——————————–

how do i go about doing this? i tried renaming the forum root slug (forums) and the single forum slug (forum) but that didn’t work… any help would be greatly appreciated…

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

my style pack plugin lets you change what breadcrumbs say

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-style-pack/

aeneas1
    Participant

@aeneas1

thanks for the plugin info, installed it and it looks interesting… however the breadcrumb section doesn’t do what i want…. i want the main forum page, the page you land on when you click the forum link in the navbar, to read “index” not “forums”, the plugin will change the breadcrumb to “index” but not main forum page title…this seems like such an easy task, for example in phpbb it’s a snap… i googled it and came up with folks asking about the same thing here over 4 years ago, and they solved it having to manually edit php files… 4 years later and no easy dashboard option for this?

btw is bbpress still an active/popular plugin? it seems that you’re the only one around trying to field questions… and i appreciate it…

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, so back to your initial post – you renamed the forum root slug as ‘Index’ – yes?

if you do that, and then create a wordpress page called ‘Index’ and in that page put

[bbp-forum-index]

Then call that page from your menu and it should all work nicely.

Robin W

@robin-w

btw – I am just a user of bbpress who has written some extension plugins, so have no drum to bang. bbpress has over 300,000 active installations, but it is designed as ‘lite’ software, that others can easily hook extensions into. The documentation isn’t what it should be – I have written large parts of it since I started using it, but it could still be much better.

As such it doesn’t suit everyone, but hope having come this far you’ll give it a try.

There are 1/2 dozen of us who try and help here, but we tend to do stints in between other stuff, and it’s august and many people are on holiday I suspect.

Themezly
    Participant

@themezly

@robinw

Then call that page from your menu and it should all work nicely.

except that now user cannot display any cuctom page options if available like template or add custom header/sidebar.
    Please check this again https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/forum-root-is-overriding-user-created-forum-index-page/ since it is a 6 year old bug that no one wants to look at and everyone needs fixed.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar