Forum root is overriding user created forum index page
Let me start by saying that I did extensive searching for past 2 hours and are surprised to see all questions about the same issue getting brushed off. Some even instruct to remove the home link from breadcrumb just to hide an actual bug.
there are many more but I am allowed only 3 links. Google breadcrumb [bbp-forum-index]
Please take the issue as it is which is a bug confirmed by many.
1. Breadcrumbs forum home page link and the page that user has created are not in sync
2. When user creates the page with shortcode as instructed in Step 2 https://codex.bbpress.org/step-by-step-guide-to-setting-up-a-bbpress-forum/ or even Step 1
the default Forum Root archive is overriding that page instead other way around. The process should be same as selecting page for posts in WP but in BB is just complicated and not effective.
Use default theme, follow instructions in step 2 , when you done , go to your custom created forum page and change template. No changes. Now change the root in forum settings, redo permalinks go back to custom page and you will see the change.
Note that I have no custom overrides so it is not theme related.
A simple page select here http://prntscr.com/hhil4i could have saved so many questions.
ok, so just clarify, are you now fixed, or is the root still going to the wrong place?
I have similar issue here but i can’t figure it out if this step by step guide is ment just for new forum installations?
I have already existing forum with some content and can’t change the page where its shown. I followed method 1 and got it to show on new page but links are not rebuilt – they always show to original forum root no matter what i name it.
Problem is that forum by default uses wrong theme page template and i would like to change that but can’t except if i show forum on a page done with method 1.
Some ideas or a method to solve this issue?
ok, if I understand the issue this should fix
install and activate
then go to
dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>breadcrumbs
and you will see options to specify where the home and forum root breadcrumbs go to
First of all thanks for quick response. Its not just breadcrumbs that are affected – all topics links have the same problem. Ok let me try to describe…
1. I made change with method 1.
2. I have changed forum root from original permalink forums to forums-test.
3. New page permalink is set to forums and i call index forum with code on this page and it works – it shows forum root but all links of topics and subforums offcourse are affected with change of forum root link change and links to forums-test.
4. If i set forums-test back in forum settings to just forums then my page that is supposed to show forum index called with code gets overridden with original forum page and page theme i don’t want.
Ok i fixed my problem by leaving the forum root slug as it is and just went and created a new bbpress.php in my theme folder… and selected the look of the index page from theme in code.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.