Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Freshness doesn’t seem to update as quickly any more?

• Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

If I add replies they used to update freshness quite quickly but now I am not seeing this.

This is with 2.6.0

Andy

Viewing 18 replies - 126 through 143 (of 143 total)

• Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

I know that they are busy and have their own more important lives ofcourse! But it is rather concerning that such a major issue has not been acknowledged. If it were not for your generous efforts and others there would not even been a workaround. The issue is really crippling the forum system.

Anyway, I am very grateful for your workaround. That, and uninstalling my cache plugin I now have no issues that I am aware of.

hardel
    Participant

@hardel

Robin, I installed your plugin but when I made a test post, it still displayed as 5 hours ago in the sidebar widget for latest posts.

Robin W

@robin-w

@hardel – thanks

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Not me. And I have that widget.

But I had to delete the caching plugin.

hardel
    Participant

@hardel

I don’t use a caching plugin.

randrcomputers
    Participant

@randrcomputers

I also see this freshness problem. Just updated to 2.6.2 tonight. I do not run bbp style pack. Will the plugin mentioned in this thread fix issue or only if you are using bbp style pack?

Robin W

@robin-w

you don’t need style pack.

uksentinel
    Participant

@uksentinel

Just to help add weight to this discussion, I also after upgrading to Version 2.6.2 have noticed the Freshness problem, I do not have any caching plugins, but do run bbp style pack.

The – Go to Dashboard, Tools, Forums, Repair Forums, and then click “Run” for “Recalculate last activity in each topic and forum” fixes problem and hopefully and update (perm fix) will be available in the near future 😉

randrcomputers
    Participant

@randrcomputers

Tried the “plugin” and so far not seeing freshness update unless i run the forum repair. BUMMER i hope they get time to look into the issue soon.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, thanks, not sure why that doesn’t work !!

2.6.3 will be released next week, but without this fix.

Then hopefully it will be in 2.6.4

randrcomputers
    Participant

@randrcomputers

I re-enabled plugin, ran repair again and will let it run to further test. site is vpinball.com if you want to look

randrcomputers
    Participant

@randrcomputers

@robin-w you are correct and i should ran repair after i installed your fix. It is working! thank you!!!

hardel
    Participant

@hardel

@Robin, my widgets are displaying the correct time now for latest posts and replies. It was also showing correct in the master forum list. But I only tested 1/7 forums.

I did update to latest release. Maybe something got fixed/changed??

packzap
    Participant

@packzap

Yes, the front page of my forum “last post” dates are looking very stale since moving to bbPress 2.6.3. The post dates look to be prior to the “upgrade”. I do not have any page caching plug-ins enabled on these public forums. Manually running “recalculate last activity in each topic and forum” updates the freshness dates correctly.

randrcomputers
    Participant

@randrcomputers

@packzap the plugin linked in this thread will fix issue until bbpress’s next release is ready and that should fix it and assume the plugin will no longer be needed.

packzap
    Participant

@packzap

I installed the bbp Refresh Last Active Time plugin and now front page freshness is hunky dory (for non-English speakers that means working great). Thanks so much!

jamesdowning
    Participant

@jamesdowning

It is very strange to see that the last communication on the forum was two years ago, but I must admit that even just reading can do some good (for me, of course)

Robin W

@robin-w

@jamesdowning – not quite sure what you mean – the discussion relates to version 2.6.3, we are now on 2.6.9. There is no remaining issue as far as I know

Viewing 18 replies - 126 through 143 (of 143 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar