Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Freshness doesn’t seem to update as quickly any more?

• Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

If I add replies they used to update freshness quite quickly but now I am not seeing this.

This is with 2.6.0

Andy

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 143 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

@cassel – what I need is

your forum hierarchy
    a repeatable process – for ajtruckle this was a reply in a private forum under a public category

hardel
    Participant

@hardel

Robin, I’m in the same boat as Cassel. Here is my forum.

It is 7 forums, all public. If you need technical info, the phpmyadmin stuff, can you write a detailed post on what you need? I’ll have to send that to my hosting company to provide for you, as that’s beyond my technical knowledge.

Robin W

@robin-w

@hardel – thanks, can you give me an example on your site where it is not correct?

cassel
    Participant

@cassel

This is what I have (the first 2 forums only):

Lobby
    — Announcement – Forum – Status OPEN – Visibility PUBLIC – Parent LOBBY – Order 0
    — ChitChat – Forum – Status OPEN – Visibility PUBLIC – Parent LOBBY – Order 0
    — Introduction – Forum – Status OPEN – Visibility PUBLIC – Parent LOBBY – Order 0
    — Suggestion box – Forum – Status OPEN – Visibility PUBLIC – Parent LOBBY – Order 0

Showroom
    — Feedback Request – Forum – Status OPEN – Visibility PUBLIC – Parent SHOWROOM – Order 0
    — Let’s share – Forum – Status OPEN – Visibility PUBLIC – Parent SHOWROOM – Order 0

I have more, but one thing that is obvious is that inside the SHOWROOM, there are threads that are quite active, but don’t show.

For example, in the forum index, for the SHOWROOM forum, it shows the last thread as 4 days 6 hours ago. But if you click on the SHOWROOM forum to see what is inside, you will see that in the threads, the last one is actually less than 2 hours ago (the Bootcamp thread).

Here is the forum: https://scrapbookcampus.com/community/

I hope those details are what you are asking for.

Robin W

@robin-w

so ‘Showroom’ is a forum – yes ?

cassel
    Participant

@cassel

Yes SHOWROOM is a forum
    Forum – Status OPEN – Visibility PUBLIC – Parent NONE – Order 0

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, I’ll try that on my test site tomorrow

Robin W

@robin-w

@cassel – also is this just starting – when I looked at 2.6 code that does this bit, it has not changed much from 2.5 so couldn’t see anything that should affect on the change to 2.6?

cassel
    Participant

@cassel

Yes, it only started recently.
    I posted a note in the forum to the members, on Nov 14th. That was just after the upgrade to 2.6.

Robin W

@robin-w

πŸ™‚

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

This is my complete configuration if it helps.

I don’t understand why my “Meeting Schedule Assistant” forum has rather sporadic ordering of the forums!

General Information - Category - Public - Order 0
     FAQ - Forum - Public - Order 0
     Misc - Forum - Private - Order 1 

Meeting Schedule Assistant - Category - Private - Order 0
     General Discussion - Forum - Private - Order 0
     Assignments Editor - Forum - Private - Order 2
     Midweek Editor - Forum - Private - Order 2
     Midweek Editor Custom Templates - Forum - Private - Order 2
     Calendar Sync - Forum - Private - Order 3
     MWB Info - Forum - Private - Order 4
     Translations - Forum - Private - Order 4

Public Talks - Category - Private - Order 1
     General Discussion - Forum - Private - Order 0
     Custom Report Scripts - Forum - Private - Order 1
     Custom Report Scripts Samples - Forum - Private - Order 2
     Calendar Sync - Forum - Private - Order 3
     Send Outlook - Forum - Private - Order 4
     Talk Outlines - Forum - Private - Order 5
     Translations - Forum - Private - Order 6

Visits Rota - Category - Private- Order 2
     General Discussion - Forum - Private - Order 1
     Translations - Forum - Private - Order 2

hardel
    Participant

@hardel

Robin: Recent replies (via the sidebar widget) are shown as being posted 5 hours ago. But if you click on the post, it displays the correct date/time.

Robin W

@robin-w

@cassel ok, I tried the showroom forum setup and it worked fine, I couldn’t get any wrong posts

what caching plugin are you using?

Robin W

@robin-w

@hardel – are you using a caching plugin ? has this problem just started for you?

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

@robin-w I am using WP Super Cache now. But I understood I had set it up to exclude the support forums from caching:

https://www.publictalksoftware.co.uk/screenshots/forum/wp-supercache-settings.png

cassel
    Participant

@cassel

I don’t have any caching plugin.
    I have not found one that works with my setup.

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

@robin-w I am happy to add you as a admin to my site if you want to view it there … but for me, it sounds like you have already spotted the issue with replies not bubbling the results back up the chain correctly.

Robin W

@robin-w

@cassel – ok thanks – basically to fix, we need to work out a repeatable procedure, so that I can create the issue.

so for ones that go wrong, can you monitor and see if you can find some commonality – eg only replies, posts in x forum, 1st reply in a forum etc.

Robin W

@robin-w

@ajtruckle – I’m happy that I know your problem – I think cassel and hardel have different issues and may each have a different issue to the other. So I don’t need access as I can generate your problem on my test site, but thanks for the offer πŸ™‚

cassel
    Participant

@cassel

From what I can observe,
    – NEW TOPICS, will show the correct time, in the Index. (ex: in Challenges, I posted a new topic 2 days ago and it shows as 1 day 20 hours ago and it is accurate)

– REPLIES to new topics don’t seem to show all the time:
    ex: in the LET’S TALK forum, inside the PSP Talk forum, Ken posted something over 2 days ago. That is what is displayed in the Index, however, I added a reply to his thread, and it is not taken into consideration (the time or even that *I* posted last)

I have tested it just now:
    – I posted a new thread inside the LOBBY, not inside any other sub-forum: the date appears ok in the Index
    – I replied to a post in the LOBBY (Date issue in the forum): the date does not appear at all in the Index, but if you go in the LOBBY, then the date shows and is correct.

Hope this helps.

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Sounds like my problem. New topics update correct. But replies don’t.

cassel
    Participant

@cassel

One additional oddity I found is that, in the Index, if I click on the “time of the last entry”, I will normally reach the thread in question; however, in one case (in the Showroom), clicking on the time associated with what is said to be ‘Michele aka micfin’ thread, it only directs you to reply to a thread that is not even displayed.
    It is the only place I see something like that, and that time is way off as there has been many many replies since, on the topic she posted AND on other topics too.

In fact, when you go in the SHOWROOM forum, on top, it states:
    “This forum has 84 topics, 4,935 replies, and was last updated 5 days, 3 hours ago by Michele aka micfin.” which does not even match what you can see below.

The same thing happens in the LET’S TALK section, where it says:
    “This forum has 88 topics, 488 replies, and was last updated 2 days, 14 hours ago by Ken Veal.” while this is also inaccurate.

Strangely, in the LOBBY, it does display correctly, even if there were replies.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, and if you do

dashboard>tolls>forums>repair forums>recalculate last activity

does it all get back to as it should be?

cassel
    Participant

@cassel

Yes, it looks like it is fixed for now.
    However, the sub-forums in the SHOWROOM don’t show anymore.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, so running that fix gets latest activity back to normal, but only of course until the next post puts it out again – just wanted to check that was the case.

on the showroom, yes I can see that they have gone again – out of 100 how ceratin are you that they were there immediately before you ran then repair? and did you only run the repair for latest activity ?

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 143 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar