Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum to sit inside WordPress pages

• sbskamey
    Participant

@sbskamey

Hi guys,

I am looking to have the same setup these guys https://ultimatemember.com/forums/

Page 1: A Page that shows all my forums
    Page 2: A Page that shows the topics of each forum
    Page 3: A Page that shows the replies of each topic.

Simple simple.

Here is my website: http://sincebeingsingle.com/forums/

Fyi: I am using the latest versions of WordPress, bbpress and Bridge theme (from themeforest).
    Fyi: I am a bit of a newbie at this.

Issue 1:

The first issue I’ve got is when you click ‘Forum One’, it shows the message, ‘This forum contains 1 topic, and was last updated by…” but doesn’t actually show the topic.

Issue 2:

When I click on ‘Forum One’ I’d like it to go to a page where the yellow header banner replicates title of the forum. And that goes the same for, clicking on a topic and a reply.

The Ultimate Members forum above is the best example of this. You can see that each blue header banner has the title of the forum, topic and reply.

fyi:

I have got the forum working for the bbpress-forum index using [bbp-forum-index] shortcode. My header banner is showing perfectly as I have designed the page for the forum to sit on.

I’m struggling with getting the topics and replies sitting on a wordpress page that I’ve designed.

I am literally going around in circles trying to work out how to get my bbpress to sit within my own WordPress pages.

(I would like the same setup as UM, where the Forum page has the Forum title in the blue banner, Topic page has the Top title in the blue banner and Reply page has the Reply title in the blue banner).

Any guidance or step by step instructions would be massively appreciated from bbpress community.

Kam

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

You modify the template bbPress is inheriting from your theme. Use what the file and go to the page with the forum index shortcode to see which template has the banner in it, then go to other bbPress forum pages to see what template bbPress is inheriting by default.

A step by step is pretty difficult since all themes are different.

Getting Started in Modifying the Main bbPress Template

If you really want the banner, use what ever template that is coming from.

The first issue I’ve got is when you click ‘Forum One’, it shows the message, ‘This forum contains 1 topic, and was last updated by…” but doesn’t actually show the topic.

Try some troubleshooting, try a default theme to see if the issue is present, you should also try leaving only bbPress active to see if could be a plugin issue.

Troubleshooting

sbskamey
    Participant

@sbskamey

Thanks for your help.

I have managed to fix most of the issues listed previously.

But I’m still having trouble with adding a banner at the top of each page with the forum title, topic title and reply title.

This is essentially what I’m looking for: https://ultimatemember.com/forums/

As you can see, each page has a blue banner at the top, with the forum title, topic title, and reply title in white. This information is being pulled in from somewhere.

I would like to do this.

So my question is: How do i get a banner at the top of each forum page?

Thanks!

mica123
    Participant

@mica123

@sbskamey I think you managed wonderfully well to get the look you wanted.
    I would like to try something similar. It seems you managed to get the blue header with the Forums title in the end. Could you possibly let me know how you did it? Many thanks.

sbskamey
    Participant

@sbskamey

Hey, they was part of the Title Header in my Theme. I’m using Bridge Theme. I went around in circles for many days trying to work it out, then realised it was a simple on/off switch to make the Theme header appear. Hope that helps?

mica123
    Participant

@mica123

Yes, thanks very much.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar