Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Breadcrumb and Forum index issues

• I’m simply trying to setup a main forums page using shortcode and have the “forums” link in the breadcrumb link to this main forums page.

I tried naming the page forums to align with the forums archive slug. This didn’t work.

I tried making a page using shortcode and it worked; however, now when someone drills down into the forums and topics, the default “forums” link in the breadcrumb defaults to a useless page.

I’m sure I’m missing something simple but brain is fried and I could use some help.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hi –

I have the same problem. I have a page called: Forum — with the short code [bbp-forum-index] – it works fine.

If I click to a particular forum there is the ‘tree’ of links —

sitehome page-> forum -> specific forum currently being viewed.

If I click on the forum link at this level, I get a junk page without any information at: URL/forums

forums (with the “s”) – which is the same as the slug in the forum set-up.

I created a new page with as forums (with the “s”) … and added the short code there — when viewed it looks fine, but when linked as above — I get the same junk.

I even tried to redirect forums to forum — no luck.

Can anyone help?

BTW– this is using most recent version of WP — as a multisite.

????

vvikeb

@vvikeb

I got it working though it is not perfect. After setting up all bbp templates into my new theme and ensuring the bbpress, css, and js subfolders associated with the bbp-twentyten template where in my new theme folder properly it is working with some functionality that I can live with; however,…

The breadcrumb link and my forums menu link are not the same. Now, I use a forums page with the shortcode. Now, when someone drills down into the forums and wished to return to the main forums page via the breadcrumb they go to the default forums-archive page set by bbp. I wish it went to my custom forum page with the shortcodes, but I’m happy it is not sending people to a useless page.

So, there is still an issue, but everything is providing useful functionality at this time. I will leave this unresolved and hope the dev will fix in later versions.

I Have this problem too. Can anyone tell me what template file relates to the “Forums” link in the breadcrumbs? I wish it just went to the forum index!

I also have this problem, and it’s a major problem.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Closing this one too. No reason to bump all of these.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Breadcrumb and Forum index issues’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar