Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum migration help

• joym
    Participant

@joymoleta

Hello, I have been trying to migrate very small forum – 35 posts to a new database. Both bbPress forums are running on the most current version. Users have all been migrated to new database and is running on the same(current) version of buddypress. Forum and site roles have been set for all users.

I have exported 3 separate files: Forums, Topics, and Replies. I then upload it using the WordPress Importer. I make the connections with the users in my new database. On the backend, everything looks good. The forum, topics, replies, and user connections are correct. On the front end, the forum is visible, but none of the topics are.

I’ve tried to repair using the forum tools – after doing that the forum loses all of it’s topics and the replies are no longer linked to the topic.

I’ve done this repeatedly and it’s always the same result. Can anyone help lead me in the right direction.I have no idea what I could be doing wrong. Thank you.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

exporting and importing from bbpress to bbpress is strangely one of the hardest things to do. The plugin authors have not got round to fixing this yet (they are not lazy, just it hasn’t hit the top of the pile!).

any chance of a url to your forums?

joym
    Participant

@joymoleta

Hi Robin, thank you for your response. I quickly figured out that importing/exporting is not an easy task at all and that many have had similar results. I’ve decided to just scratch the forum and start fresh. Thankfully it was running off of a beta site that had only been running for a week.

But anywho, if you’re interested, please have a look, http://www.soulsequel.com

Robin W

@robin-w

great – hopefully a later version of bbpress will fix this

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar