Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Fix for PHPBB3 to BBPress conversion script

• pixelnated
    Participant

@pixelnated

Since I was helping a friend convert a phpbb2 board to phpbb3 I thought I’d take the time to also import the forums into bbpress (my preference).
    I initially tried the import but could not get it to work and after looking on the forums saw that I was not alone.
    To get the import to work I had to remap some fields in the phpbb conversion script and comment out some obsolete ones (took about 30 minutes.

If anyone needs to get your PHPBB3 users and forums converted in BBPress you can replace the phpBB.php file in wp-content\plugins\bbpress\includes\admin\converters to match the following updated code: https://gist.github.com/pixelnated/a7a9c41154cf64696ddd1c2e4f4327ed

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

@pixelnated, if you use the version here it includes a bunch of other enhancements 🙂
    https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/src/includes/admin/converters/phpBB.php

pixelnated
    Participant

@pixelnated

Thanks @netweb! I should have known that bridge had already been crossed 🙂

pixelnated
    Participant

@pixelnated

In an unrelated item – whenever I post on these forums in FireFox my posts seem to vanish as soon as I hit submit (although the forum post time seems to have updated) & the formatting tools can’t be seen.

Writing this from chrome….

pixelnated
    Participant

@pixelnated

No dice with bbPress 2.6-beta-2 either 🙁
    No biggie – I’ll just rollback and get it done. I like where it is heading with all the additional info though

WordPress database error: [Unknown column ‘users.id’ in ‘field list’]
    SELECT convert(users.id USING “utf8mb4”) AS id,convert(users.password USING “utf8mb4”) AS password,convert(users.salt USING “utf8mb4”) AS salt,convert(users.username USING “utf8mb4”) AS username,convert(users.email USING “utf8mb4”) AS email,convert(users.www USING “utf8mb4”) AS www,convert(users.r_time USING “utf8mb4”) AS r_time,convert(users.aim USING “utf8mb4”) AS aim,convert(users.yim USING “utf8mb4”) AS yim,convert(users.icq USING “utf8mb4”) AS icq,convert(users.msn USING “utf8mb4”) AS msn,convert(users.gmail USING “utf8mb4”) AS gmail,convert(users.sig USING “utf8mb4”) AS sig,convert(users.location USING “utf8mb4”) AS location,convert(users.users_text USING “utf8mb4”) AS users_text FROM phpbb3_users AS users LIMIT 0, 250

No users to convert

No data to clean

Starting Conversion

pixelnated
    Participant

@pixelnated

This one seemed to work for me – added some of the additional profile meta info hooks that were in the trunc version and added/edited them in here – https://gist.github.com/pixelnated/5c27a64c450578440554ba902560178f

50k users and the full forums imported without issue 🙂
    Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar