Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Final release candidate 1.0-RC-2 is available.

• Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

See the blog post.

Lots of testing would be greatly appreciated.

A note for anyone integrating cookies with WordPress less than version 2.8, you need to add this to your bb-config.php file…

define('WP_AUTH_COOKIE_VERSION', 1);

When you upgrade WordPress to 2.8 that line will have to be removed.

Viewing 23 replies - 26 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Single quotes are bad HTML anyway and shouldn’t be used…

Checking with trunk: If I add in a link: <a href="http://bbpress.org">This is a link</a> it works. If I edit that post, I get this: <a href="http://bbpress.org&quot;">This is a link</a> It gets even weirder as it goes on.

Why is this really familiar? I think we had this once before…

(tags working, pagination of users working. We’ll get there! :) )

I think people should start updating the aging plugins and make them compatible with alpha.. either that or write some doc’s so’s i can do it.

AHA! That is an old problem: #1033

My guess is something old got reintroduced. I’ve reopened the ticket.

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

Single quotes in attributes ought to work too. I’ll look at both these problems as a matter of urgency.

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

The bad quoting issue is fixed, it was caused by the move to the new esc_html() function from WordPress.

Here’s the quick fix. In bb-includes/functions.bb-formatting.php go to line 83 and replace:

$text = esc_html( $text );

with:

$text = wp_specialchars( $text, ENT_NOQUOTES );

I have a number of issues and questions. I’m new to bbpress and also trying to do an integration with 2.8, so I’m not sure what is a bug or what just may not work at all. I did the integration with WP and it allows me into the pages to post and into the admin. However it won’t let me post or change anything. No matter what I do, I get a box with a message “Your attempt to do this has failed”. Its not very useful it telling me why. It happily sends me back to the admin area, so it doesn’t seem to be the login. Is there some variable to debug permissions, as that seems to be a continuing issue with integration.

One question I have is how do I determine what version I have? I don’t see a version file.

I also don’t see a way of setting permissions for users or forums

Also, email isn’t working for registration. We run Postfix, could there be a problem? Is there a setting?

The bad quoting issue is fixed, it was caused by the move to the new esc_html() function from WordPress.

Here’s the quick fix. In bb-includes/functions.bb-formatting.php go to line 83 and replace:

$text = esc_html( $text );

with:

$text = wp_specialchars( $text, ENT_NOQUOTES );

Thanks for addressing this problem but the “fix” doesn’t change a thing for me unfortunately.

michael3185

@michael3185

Something I don’t see mentioned yet (unless I’ve missed it) is what will happen to custom themes if I upgrade to RC2? By which I mean, have the files been changed in the default template? Will I have to re-write them, or will my custom theme from 0.9.0.5 work fine?

I’d like to test out RC2 on a non-live forum, but don’t want to spend ages modifying template files all over again.

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

@dthom

The version is in a meta tag in the header as well as stated in the footer of the admin area.

bbPress doesn’t have granular per-forum permissions out-of-the-box. There are plugins that cover that though.

You might need to use the smtp mailer plugin to get emails working. Using that you can send email via an SMTP server instead of the default method which tries to send through PHP’s mail() function.

@the_Wish

The “fix” won’t fix any text which is already malformed. Once you edit the text to repair it shouldn’t happen again.

@Michael3185

0.9 Templates should still work with 1.0 – you will want to examine some of the new template functions that are in the default theme though.

@the_Wish

The “fix” won’t fix any text which is already malformed. Once you edit the text to repair it shouldn’t happen again.

Sorry to say but even new syntax with attributes like this

<a href="http://bbpress.org">This is a link</a>

is still converted to

<a href="//bbpress.org&quot;">This is a link</a>

Same goes for Singlequotes.

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

Works for me. Did you make the change manually or did you grab the latest version from trunk?

Assuming that this is the latest trunk at

http://svn.automattic.com/bbpress/trunk/

I actually tried both approaches (only changed that one file, not the entire installation though).

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

So you have 1.0-RC-2 except for that one file? Can you please try replacing the entire install with the latest trunk? If you don’t use SVN I can create a package for you.

It’s working for me as well now.

If I edit a link that was made in the ‘bad time’, it’s still bad, but once I fix it, it stays fixed. All new links are fine.

So you have 1.0-RC-2 except for that one file? Can you please try replacing the entire install with the latest trunk? If you don’t use SVN I can create a package for you.

Yes unfortunately I’m not using SVN so far, so I’d need that package to try it out.

@Ipstenu: Are you using trunk or RC-2 with the fix?

I’m using … trunk with a fix (trunk from Sunday morning).

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

@the_Wish

You could also grab the latest nightly build…

https://bbpress.org/nightly-builds/bbpress-latest.zip

Thanks. I clean installed the “latest” build, still no dice unfortunately. Code keeps getting scrambled. I went back to RC1 which doesn’t have this problem for me.

If it’s working for you, maybe it’s related to one of my Plugins (though I doubt it)… will have to wait for the final beta I guess.

Can we attach any attachments like txt files or images

or

Do we have any plugins???

thanks,

phani

@the_Wish – What plugins are you running?

@phaniraj01 – That’s a plugin https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/bb-attachments/ – But it may not work on RC2

You can find a list of my plugins in the “List of Plugins that work on RC1/RC2” thread.

Ask a silly question ;)

Page links for bbPress (1.0.4) should be removed, since it’s build in to bbPress 1 (per Sam). But yeah, the rest of your plugins look fine.

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

Closing this, please continue discussion here.

Viewing 23 replies - 26 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar