Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Embedding forum into a page

• x0rchid
    Participant

@x0rchid

I want to embed a forum in a page, such that the user doesn’t leave the page when creating or viewing a topic. I.e unlike the code [bbp-single-forum id=$id], the user stays in the same page

Is there a simple way to do this?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

To do this type of thing is custom functionality. You might need to look into hiring a developer to achieve this.

x0rchid
    Participant

@x0rchid

Thanks @Robkk for the kind insight. Would you please guide me to the starting point, maybe I can just do it myself? (I’m a developer but no experience in WP/bbpress dev.)

Robkk

@robkk

Well I am not sure how to in this situation??

How axactly do you want them to stay on the same page? Topic form/topics slide out by clicking the topic title in the single forum page, or something different??

I am still leaning on this being custom development.

kachan64
    Participant

@kachan64

Have you tried iframe?

parmaker
    Participant

@parmaker

Maybe similar with me.

bbpress.org support forum’s landing page shows elegantly topic titles and paginator at the bottom. That’s good. Now we are clicking the paginator a couple of time, i.e we are in page #4, where clicked a topic.

Then we can see a lead topic and replies if any. So if we want to next pages, we should get out of the topic and back to the previous, then we click again paginator to go further.

From the view point of bbpress, it is so natural. But little bit redundant transactions were. If the topic view can duplicate the single forum topic index into bottom part, it might be to cut down one transaction from visitor. (customers complain redundant click, they dont care how, but developer cares)

up to this point, only one statement – echo do_shortcode(‘[bbp-single-forum id=$forumid]‘) is enough to put at the bottom of conent-single-topic.php

But problem is that it always shows from the very first page. If i am reading a topic of 5th page, the above shortcode should get synced, but still shows from very first.

display_forum of BBP short code class does not show any clue to this issue.

my straight guess is bbp developers consider kind of a heavy burden to mysql because entire topic-typed posts should be read for every single topic view.

In real world out of bbpress, their forum package provide such features.

One reason that i wrote this, to ask around you what I missed or now mislead, and better idea.

If you think this repl is not related to this topic, i am sorry.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar