Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Count topic’s favorites

• Loc Pham
    Participant

@phamdacloc

I’m using bbPress’s “favorite” feature as “like” feature in other social networks in my application. Is there a function which would allow me to count the number of users whom “favorited” a topic? I’m also interested in counting the number of subscribed users for a particular topic as well. I’ve looked into /bbpress/includes/topics/templates.php but did not find any and wondering if you’re aware of any.

Thanks.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

The favorited/subscribed data is stored in the user meta table specific to each user, I am not sure how to do this too or even if it is possible.

@Loc Pham,

You will need some coding for this, so probably a developer can help you. But to give you some starting points:
    – As @Robkk says, this is stored in the metadata of a user
    – You need to check for the metakey ‘{your WP prefix}_bbp_favorites’ of all the (active) users and analyse the comma-separated string of the meta_values
    – Then you can count the times that your topic ID is found

Pascal.

Loc Pham
    Participant

@phamdacloc

Actually, there’s a function for this already and it’s called: bbp_get_topic_favoriters($postID).

Hope this helps others looking for something similar.

-Loc

@phamdacloc
    +1 for you ! I still learn everyday 🙂
    Thanks,
    Pascal.

Robkk

@robkk

@phamdacloc

Glad you found the solution to your issue. Sorry i wasn’t much help, it is hard to know every single function in the plugin. I am digging in the code more and more though.

Allyson Souza
    Participant

@allysonsouza

+1, thank you!

This link must be better indexed in google! 😛

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar