Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BBpress is not a search engine friendly forum

• BBpress is not a search engine friendly forum. I am right ?

I have installed this bbpress on my website (http://www.consumercourt.comn.in) but its not able to perform well in Google because of, its not following the standard forum structure. I am getting almost 3 to 4 unique articles per week on my forum. But to crawl these articles google is taking a month. This situation has made me to tell you that bbpress is not search engine friendly…

Please let me know your thoughts. Please share your experience, if any.

And also please let me know how to make it seo friendly ?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)

• zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

Create a sitemap.xml of the revelant posts and ping the webmaster tools.

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

Create a sitemap.xml of the revelant posts and ping the webmaster tools.

There is a plugin that changes the URLS so they are like:

domain.com/forum/forum_slug/topic_slug/

There is a plugin that changes the URLS so they are like:

domain.com/forum/forum_slug/topic_slug/

mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

My sweet Nicer Permalinks plugin, indeed! ;)

mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

My sweet Nicer Permalinks plugin, indeed! ;)

Would this plugin work with the new bbPress plugin that is being developed?

Would this plugin work with the new bbPress plugin that is being developed?

mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

The current version won’t, that’s for sure..

mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

The current version won’t, that’s for sure..

Any chance of looking into it? I should image it would be easier then the current bbPress rewrites as it’s just Post Types right?

Any chance of looking into it? I should image it would be easier then the current bbPress rewrites as it’s just Post Types right?

mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

I’m not gonna look at the WP plugin branch until a stable (and complete) version will be released, sorry.

mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

I’m not gonna look at the WP plugin branch until a stable (and complete) version will be released, sorry.

create a dynamic sitemap.php file in the root of your forum that appears as a regular xml file but what it does is displays the topics and replies and forums in a sitemap order using mysql and php.

create a dynamic sitemap.php file in the root of your forum that appears as a regular xml file but what it does is displays the topics and replies and forums in a sitemap order using mysql and php.

scorpio0679

@scorpio0679

Perfect. Thank you, Mr. Pelle. I’d read on certain review sites that the major drawback to bbPress was that it is afraid of spiders. This plugin basically turns it into a standard blog format, correct? And allows spiders to crawl the site as easy as a regular WP blog?

scorpio0679

@scorpio0679

Perfect. Thank you, Mr. Pelle. I’d read on certain review sites that the major drawback to bbPress was that it is afraid of spiders. This plugin basically turns it into a standard blog format, correct? And allows spiders to crawl the site as easy as a regular WP blog?

guly
    Participant

@guly

1. Props to mr_pelle for the nicer permalinks plugin – this is one of my favorites.

2. Is there a “sitemaps for dummies” tutorial out there for someone who’s never generated a dynamic sitemap before?

guly
    Participant

@guly

1. Props to mr_pelle for the nicer permalinks plugin – this is one of my favorites.

2. Is there a “sitemaps for dummies” tutorial out there for someone who’s never generated a dynamic sitemap before?

You can control the meta tags of any website or blog from the admin panel or the with most websites the c panel.

Therefore if your claiming that this blog software is not search engine friendly the real reason is simple.

Your meta tags are not done right.

Wish to have that problem fixed then visit http://pptrevshare.com

The owner has access to the Richmouse tools that where used to take Richmouse Promotions and PPTRevshare to top of google search engines.

We can correct this problem for and every user of this type of blog.

It’s not that this blog is not search engine friendly it’s you don’t have it set up right.

You can control the meta tags of any website or blog from the admin panel or the with most websites the c panel.

Therefore if your claiming that this blog software is not search engine friendly the real reason is simple.

Your meta tags are not done right.

Wish to have that problem fixed then visit http://pptrevshare.com

The owner has access to the Richmouse tools that where used to take Richmouse Promotions and PPTRevshare to top of google search engines.

We can correct this problem for and every user of this type of blog.

It’s not that this blog is not search engine friendly it’s you don’t have it set up right.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

bbPress isn’t more or less SEO friendly than any other forum software. Considering it uses almost the exact same permalink rewriting code as WordPress. The bbPress plugin for WordPress will offer custom permalink options and I’ll look into allowing for this.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

bbPress isn’t more or less SEO friendly than any other forum software. Considering it uses almost the exact same permalink rewriting code as WordPress. The bbPress plugin for WordPress will offer custom permalink options and I’ll look into allowing for this.

I beg to disagree. Based on my experience, BBpress is search engine friendly. Most of the topics in my forum are indexed by Google. Even though i don’t use the mod to rewrite the url, indexing goes well.

My URL are on format like this topic.php?id=1&page=1 and they appear on search engines.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.