Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress + Elementor

• Oded Talmon
    Participant

@odedta

Hello,

I am using bbPress with Elementor Pro. I managed to create Forum Archive and Single Forum templates but I can’t see to figure out how to create a Forum Topic template.

Is it possible to create a topic template so those pages get the styling from Elementor?

Thanks

Viewing 14 replies - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

thanks, I think I have a solution I’ll come back later with instuctions

Robin W

@robin-w

I think this plugin should fix bbPress and the Hello Elementor theme issues – but feedback would be appreciated

Hello theme Elementor bbPress template fix

richietsai
    Participant

@richietsai

Hi @robin-w,

I just installed your plugin, but the child page still not works.
    I build a single page template, put the shortcode in the section(boxed), and set the condition as Any child of > my forum page.
    Anything missing?

Robin W

@robin-w

are you using the hello theme?

Prometheus Fire
    Participant

@prometheus-fire

@robin-w Installed your plugin on and have some feedback for you.

I had already solved the template problem with archives and singles.

Outside of Robin’s plugin, the trick to archives was to setup an archives template, use the Post Archive widget, and in the dropdown setting for the display, choose Full Content, instead of Classic, or Cards. That will output the BBPress forums.

Anyhow,Robin, the one place I was able to get to work were the user profiles, and your plugin fixed that for me. Once I had your plugin in place, the profiles started working. Of course, the plugin also broke all the work I did on the Elementor templates before I installed the plugin. It turns out, I don’t need to do any Elementor template work at all with your plugin.

The only issue is that all the BBPress pages render as 100% full width. I looked into /hell0-elementor-bbpress-fix/templates/bbpress.php to what I can do there. I noticed that there wasn’t any unique specificity in the class names within that template. All the class names are generic. My solve for this was to add the class “forum-container” to the class definition on Line 17.

This gave me something to target to handle the widths of the forum pages.

Robin W

@robin-w

thanks for that great update

I’ll take a look at the template

majidmad
    Participant

@majidmad

Hi,

Can you explain how you created Single Forum page in elementor?

Thanks

majidmad
    Participant

@majidmad

I have the exact same problem with Astra theme. It is very strange that Elementor and bbpress, two well-known plugins, can’t be integrated after these years. I hope there is a solution and also a working tutorial. There are many tutorials and plugins to connect buddypress and Elementor, but there is no even a single tutorial for bbpress and Elementor !

majidmad
    Participant

@majidmad

I did your solution, and it shows my recent posts instead of forums !

leonszzz
    Participant

@leonszzz

Oh thanks for the solution above, I was looking for that exactly.

DeepBlue
    Participant

@deepblue5

Hi
    I can see here that you have been able to apply the following condition on theme builder :
    SINGLE PAGE with CONDITIONS-> ANY CHILD OF: FORUM.

When you say FORUM, do you mean each forum of your board, or do you mean the Forum homepage
    if so i can’t find in the list of page that forum homepage, that would be the solution

thanks !

curlcomjl
    Participant

@curlcomjl

Hi @robin-w

I’m still a WP beginner and I’m not a native speaker (I use Google Translater, that doesn’t make it easier 😀 ) and I really need help. Sorry to write again on this topic, but unfortunately I didn’t fully understand the instructions.

I have exactly the same problem as most others.
    I create a community with bbpress forum. For this I use Ocean WP Theme (I also tried Hello Theme because of your plugin, but unfortunately it didn’t work.) and Elementor (Unfortunately only the open source version, not Pro).

I can customize forum index page with Elementor exactly as I want with motion effect, borders, additional widgets…
    When I click on a topic, bbpress uses the default theme without my Elementor editing.
    I understand that bbpress creates a new page for each topic and only uses the default theme. How can I tell bbpress to use my Elementor template?

If I understood it correctly with FTP?
    I’m having trouble finding my template in the files and I don’t know where to go for bbpress.

Or CSS?
    Can I change the loading instruction for the template somewhere in the bbpress stylesheet? If yes, where?

I would be grateful for the help, I’m desperate.

DeepBlue
    Participant

@deepblue5

Hi

Here is how you can do it :

First you need elementor pro so that you can use theme builder

Then on theme builder you add conditions to your template for single post :

include :
    Forums > Forums
    Forums > Forums by author
    and :
    > Any child of (to include topics too)

Then you exclude :

All pages
    All posts

so that the template only applies to the forum

Then you create a page for your forum homepage and you paste : [bbp-forum-index]

on this page you have full control with elementor

the normal hompage is /forums/ so you just need to redirect /forums/ to this page (permanent redirect)

For some reason only profile pages and search pages are not included in this template, but not a real problem in my opinion

DeepBlue
    Participant

@deepblue5

For those who would look for this here is the best solution for Elementor theme builder (after lots of testing) :

include : Forums > all

and then you just need to add your categories (not forums, just categories, as forums belong to categories)
    include : Any child of > category 1
    include : Any child of > category 2
    include : Any child of > category 3

that’s it, your theme builder template will now apply to your bbpress forum

Viewing 14 replies - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar