Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress and AWPCP conflicting

• electech1313
    Participant

@electech1313

I recently installed bbpress and AWPCP Classifieds. Whenever a user clicks the edit button to edit their post, it takes them to a page that asks for the Ad email and access key. This page is default with AWPCP and is called -Edit Ad. Inside that page is the shortcode [AWPCPEDITAD]. I disabled the AWPCP plugin to test and the result was when a user clicked the edit button, it then just shows the shortcode text from the -Edit Ad page. I am little more than a beginner when it comes to web development. I have built a few websites but they are all basic and mostly wordpress sites. This is the site address if you would like to look at it. https://meltdowncnc.com/wordpress2/

The site is for testing. Hopefully once it is done, I can put it into service for my club. Thanks if anyone can help.

Viewing 4 replies - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)

• electech1313
    Participant

@electech1313

I will report back after my clone experiment.

electech1313
    Participant

@electech1313

I setup a clone site and installed bbpress first and did not install AWPCP at all. Now I was getting a 404 error when I clicked edit or move. I tried clicking save on the permalink deal again but no change. For no reason other than to do it, I changed the permalink structure to Post name instead of Custom Structure which was default on my setup. The edit button is now working correctly. No idea if I messed anything else up in the process but everything seems to be working correctly now.

Robin W

@robin-w

great, I’ll assume you are all fixed unless you come back

electech1313
    Participant

@electech1313

I have a few people helping me find bugs. So far so good. Thanks for the help. I don’t think I would have even looked at the permalink deal without you mentioning it before. Thanks again.

Viewing 4 replies - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar