Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress and AWPCP conflicting

• electech1313
    Participant

@electech1313

I recently installed bbpress and AWPCP Classifieds. Whenever a user clicks the edit button to edit their post, it takes them to a page that asks for the Ad email and access key. This page is default with AWPCP and is called -Edit Ad. Inside that page is the shortcode [AWPCPEDITAD]. I disabled the AWPCP plugin to test and the result was when a user clicked the edit button, it then just shows the shortcode text from the -Edit Ad page. I am little more than a beginner when it comes to web development. I have built a few websites but they are all basic and mostly wordpress sites. This is the site address if you would like to look at it. https://meltdowncnc.com/wordpress2/

The site is for testing. Hopefully once it is done, I can put it into service for my club. Thanks if anyone can help.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

so presumably this is a bbpress post that the user is editing – yes?

electech1313
    Participant

@electech1313

Yes, it’s on bbpress. Example, the user makes a spelling error on the forum and wants to correct it after submitting, the error occurs when clicking edit.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, so if you hover the mouse over the edit bitton, you should see in the bottom left hand corner where that button will take you – ie a url such as

https://meltdowncnc.com/forums/topic/xxx/edit

can you tell me what you one says please

electech1313
    Participant

@electech1313

https://meltdowncnc.com/wordpress2/index.php/forums/reply/385/edit/

I hope this doesn’t go through more than once. It said I’ve already sent but it isn’t showing on my screen that is did.

electech1313
    Participant

@electech1313

See previous post and…

I just noticed that when I click that link, it redirects to

Edit Ad

I really don’t know how that happened or how to fix it.

Robin W

@robin-w

um, very weird.

what have you got set in

dashboard>settings>forums>slugs – can you list them all

electech1313
    Participant

@electech1313

forum, topic, topic-tag, view, reply, edit, search, users, topics, replies, favorites, subscriptions, engagements

Robin W

@robin-w

and the forum root slug is ‘forums’ and the prefix box below is ticked – yes?

electech1313
    Participant

@electech1313

Yes, the Forum Root is forums and the Forum Prefix is ticked.

I am super appreciative of your help but I have to step away from my computer for a couple hours. If you are able to continue helping, that would be great. I’m very sorry but me stepping away is unavoidable. I’ll respond to any other questions or suggestions you have in a couple hours. Thanks again and I understand if you have something else you need to do.

Robin W

@robin-w

hey no problem, I am in the UK so probably different time zone.

before you come back, can you next try

dashboard>settings>permalinks and just click save – this resets the permalinks and may help

electech1313
    Participant

@electech1313

Thank you. I was able to try that before I stepped away. Unfortunately, it did not work.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, so as a test

deactivate the AWPCP Classifieds and see if the topic/reply edit then goes to the correct place – if so I’d suspect that AWPCP Classifieds may be looking for ‘/edit/ and taking that through to their page, but let’s see if that happens

electech1313
    Participant

@electech1313

I deactivated AWPCP. When I hover over the edit button, it shows the same link as before. It now takes me to the Edit Page with only the shortcode [AWPCPEDITAD] showing.

Robin W

@robin-w

do you have any caching software active?

electech1313
    Participant

@electech1313

Not that I’m aware of. Meaning something in WordPress or elsewhere?

Robin W

@robin-w

the AWPCP plugin is a paid plugin so i have no access to it – have you contacted their support for help?

Robin W

@robin-w

it is unusual to see index.php included in a url

https://meltdowncnc.com/wordpress2/index.php/forums/topic/website-test-committee-input/

what theme are you using?

electech1313
    Participant

@electech1313

Gantry 5, the Hydrogen theme.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

electech1313
    Participant

@electech1313

Thanks, I’ll do that and post the results. It may be tomorrow before I can get to it. Thanks again for the help.

Robin W

@robin-w

no problem.

There is always an explanation, we just need to find it 🙂

electech1313
    Participant

@electech1313

I tried a new theme and the troubleshooting tool. No joy. I am going to create a clone site from scratch and make sure I install bbpress first and test the edit feature. I’ll install AWPCP second to see if the same issue happens. I’ll post the results once I’m done. Fortunately the site is for testing anyway. I have some users but I know all of them so it won’t be a big deal. I think I installed AWPCP first initially but I don’t remember for sure.

Robin W

@robin-w

just tossing dice, try setting ‘edit’ to ‘editing’ in

dashboard>settings>forums>slugs>edit

electech1313
    Participant

@electech1313

I had tried that earlier but I changed it to editt. It still redirects for some reason.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, it is some redirect going on….

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar