Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress activity not showing up in buddypress activity stream

• Keshav Saini

@environmentabout

I read all the documentation before installing buddypress but the got the same issue many others are facing. I couldn’t find any fix in any discussion thread here at buddypress site and other forums.

I followed the same procedure written in buddypress codex. I am using both the group forums and site wide forum using bbpress.

But when I post a new thread in site wide forum, the activity isn’t displayed in buddypress activity stream and my profile activity.

Here is the site http://www.environmentabout.com/community

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What version of bbPress/BuddyPress are you using?

Keshav Saini

@environmentabout

I am using the latest versions of both the software. Buddypress 1.5 and bbpress 2

I have installed bbpress both for group forums and sitewide forum. I started seven discussions in sitewide forum but none of them appearing in my activity.

vfowler
    Participant

@vfowler

This is not an issue with bbPress 2.3.2 and BuddyPress 1.7.2 (within group forums at least).

Tbermudas
    Participant

@tbermudas

I had the same problem. Look if you have checked the “Allow search engines to index this site” option under “Reading”

It works for me.

vfowler
    Participant

@vfowler

@tbermudas that’s an interesting set of options under Reading. It looks like an older version or perhaps not BuddyPress? What version is it?

I only have 1 checkbox labeled Search Engine Visibility which when checked takes the meaning Discourage search engines from indexing this site. I think it has the same effect as the first 2 radio options shown in your screen capture.

Tbermudas
    Participant

@tbermudas

I had this problem with bbpress 1.6 and bbpress 2.3.
    I can’t find the topic where I found this solution.

The screen capture is from Internet. In my WordPress I have also only the first option.

Zé Fontainhas
    Participant

@vanillalounge

I was having the exact same problem, and yes un-checking Discourage search engines from indexing this site, does make bbPress activity start being recorded.

As to why this is so and if the behaviour is intended, your guess is as good as mine. If it *is* intended, I am extremely curious to know the twisted logic that dictated this implementation.

Zé Fontainhas
    Participant

@vanillalounge

From https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2151 ,here’s a quick hack to turn bbPress activity recording on, on sites that have the Discourage search engines option checked. Put this somewhere in functions.php or in your own plugin’s code:

<?php

add_filter( 'bbp_is_site_public', 'yourownprefix_enable_bbp_activity', 10, 2);

function yourownprefix_enable_bbp_activity( $public, $site_id ) {
    	return true;
    }

?>

arunondeck
    Participant

@arunondeck

Unchecking Discourage search engines option does fix my issue as well. Site wide forum activity is shown in activity streams on doing so.

Ehegwer
    Participant

@ehegwer

FYI – If you have a forum marked as private, the update does NOT appear in the Activity feed. It only works for public forums.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar