Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 2.2.4 Released

• bbPress 2.2.4 (now available for download) is a maintenance and security release, and a safe and easy update for all previous bbPress 2.x versions.

Version 2.2.4 includes some security hardening inside the Forum Importer/Converter tool, and improves post form output sanitization. These issues were responsibly disclosed by Maty Siman.

Download 2.2.4 now or visit Dashboard → Updates in your site admin to update now.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• PavelS
    Participant

@pavels

@netweb When you you think images uploading problem will be fixed? I mean that default users can’t upload images now using TyniMCE editor.

Erlend
    Participant

@sadr

When you you think images uploading problem will be fixed? I mean that default users can’t upload images now using TyniMCE editor.

I think that’s intentional for now. See this:
    bbPress dev chat summary Jan 9, 2013

moebis
    Participant

@moebis

beta1 of 2.3 now allows image embedding.

I hope the silence wasn’t too deafening 😉

kraigg
    Participant

@kraigg

I, for one, am very much looking forward to image embedding in topics/replies using WYSIWYG!

hatoncat
    Participant

@hatoncat

beta1 of 2.3 now allows image embedding.

Does that capability support uploading of other file formats? Or is it just limited to images?

One of the pain points for bbPress for my uses is the lack of a universal file upload system. I know there is a plugin or two, but they didn’t appear compatible with 2.0+

It is limited to embedding a linked image only.

GD bbPress attachments is fully compatible with bbPress 2.2.x as far as I know.
    https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/gd-bbpress-attachments/

hatherley
    Participant

@hatherley

Still, my music forum is still only capable of using BBpress 2.1.2 – The “Automatically assign default role to new, registered users upon visiting the site.” doesn’t seem to work for me. My newly registered users cant use the forum if I update 🙁

Dedem
    Participant

@dedem

Good stuff, thanks.

gina
    Participant

@ibasq2

bbPress 2.2.4 is still adding network users as participants to the main site no matter if auto role is enabled or disabled.

David100351
    Participant

@david100351

Minor point: if a topic is moved from one forum to another, the freshness is not updated. So one can have links to the same topic from both the old and new forums.

This is only overwritten when a new post is made to the old forum (on a different topic, obviously)

2.2.4 with 3.5.1

EricSchmitz
    Participant

@ericschmitz

David, thanks for the tip on moving a topic from one forum to the other. I found that I also have to make a new post to the “to” forum as well as the “from” forum, in order to get them both to show the correct number of posts in each.

The /forums/ page indicates that the moved topic is still in the old forum, and not in the new. Further, going into the old (from) forum, I see “there is one topic in this forum” but none listed. Similarly, going into the new (to) forum, I see “there are no topics…” and yet the topic I moved in there is listed. Creating (and then deleting) a new “test” topic in each causes the issue to be corrected in all listing pages.

It’s a rather frustrating work-around, but at least it solves the problem I was having. I am using version 2.4 now, and it’s still an issue. Hoping that might be resolved in the next release or so.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Development & Updates’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Skip to toolbar