Categories
Search
Bottom

Assign forum posts to user’s new ID

• Julia_B
    Participant

@julia_b

Hi,
    One of my members got auto-deleted by S2Member because they missed a paypal payment. Turns out it wasn’t really their fault, they’d just got a new bank card and not updated their paypal info. I reactivated their paypal subscription by their user details had already been deleted from site.

I’ve set up a new account for them on the site and now I’d like to attach all the posts from their old account to the new one – so they show up as being by them, at the moment they are still on the site but as ‘anonymous’.

I can see how to do this with individual posts by changing the ID number under Author Information, but there are far too many posts to do this for each one. Is there a way I can bulk assign all the old posts from their original ID to the new one?

Thanks. 🙂

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

Make sure to disable the automatic delete option in S2member so that you won’t come across this problem again.

There would be an option to delete a user and attribute their content to another user if you ever decide to delete a user in the future. So keep the old account and it’s data before transferring.

Only thing I can think of is possibly changing the new users account ID to the old one in phpMyAdmin, this would work if the bbPress posts have the original users account ID still in the post meta. You may need to still change the new users account posts though. But maybe not with this SQL command.

How to: Change author attribution on all posts at once

Julia_B
    Participant

@julia_b

Ah @Robkk, you hero, it worked!

Really appreciate that, it’ll mean a lot to the user to get their posts back under their username… and makes me look good too. 😉

Thanks so much.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar