Categories
Search
Bottom

Are you sure you want to do this Error

• billy1983
    Participant

@billy1983

Hi,
    I have downloaded and installed bbpress plugin and I have created a forum with multiple topics and replies from my wordpress dashboard. However, I am unable to do any of this from my forum page directly. I have looked in the common functions php file and can see that there is a filter for reverse proxies as i thought it might issue as I have seen this whilst searching posts for a solution. I am using Mamp and running server on port localhost:8888. Can anyone help me solve this issue please. My website is not public at the mo but i have tried to open the ports to my machine in the hope that you can access it. here is the url: http://88.107.65.111:8888/brighton-and-hove-school/wordpress3
    Many thanks
    Billy

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

do this first

General Issues
    bbPress works with many themes and plugins, but it is impossible to test all combinations, and many issues are caused by conflicts with plugins and themes.
    Therefore before posting, please test if your issue is resolved by the following

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. If it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

If the above produces an issue:

If it is a paid theme or plugin, please contact the authors for resolution.
    If free, do ask here, we may know of workaround.
    PLEASE tell us you have done the tests above when posting.

OTHER COMMON FIXES
    The following will do no harm, so are worth a try and can fix some issues
    Dashboard>settings>permalinks. Don’t change anything, but just click save. This resets the permalinks, and can solve some 404 errors.
    Dashboard>tools>forums>repair forums and run one at a time. Useful if you’ve got some stuff not showing – doesn’t often fix but occasionally does.

billy1983
    Participant

@billy1983

Hi thanks for the reply.
    Yes I have completed the test mentioned above and still no luck.
    I am using MAMP and the apache server is running on port 8888.
    from the dashboard i can create forums topics and replies. However, i cant do any of this from the forum page directly. Additionally, I cant see the reply I created from the dashboard for a specific topic. If i go to the replies tab in my dashboard i can navigate to the reply that way but not from the forum. any help on this problem is much appreciated.
    Many thanks
    Billy

Robkk

@robkk

are the topic/reply forms visible at all or can you not just post a topic/reply.

other things you can do is try to see if theres is a CSS issue somewhere that is hiding the forms.

if you can provide any other information like an image for me that would help to try to find an issue.

Nick
    Participant

@jettrush

For some reason bbPress is broken when working on your local machine. Check out the code on this other thread; it worked for me and others in the localhost situation:

ERROR: Are you sure you wanted to do that?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar