Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Amazing comment form would be perfect for BBpress design

• Ramiuz
    Participant

@ramiuz

Has anyone seen this amazing commentform on http://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/flip-an-image/

That would be perfect for a BBpress theme.

So clean, sharp, easy to understand.

Yet it is original, in the form that the avatars are round float next to each other in block quotes and such. It breaks the tradtionally “square” internet-look and feels more alive.

They say nothing about either WordPress or BBpress there, but I sure wish someone could make that theme for BBpress. With working and easy to upload avatars! Which is absolutely essential to that design.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• geld lenen nl

@geld-lenen-nl

Wow, thats indeed a real nice comment form. Really like the slide effect. Hope someone can integrate this into bbpress :)

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

I like it. :)

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

Did I miss something then? looks fairly ordinary to me.

Space
    Participant

@bkno

For WP comments it makes sense, but doesn’t a bbPress form just needs a textbox and a tag input box?

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

You are forgetting Guest posting.

Ramiuz
    Participant

@ramiuz

´Did I miss something then? looks fairly ordinary to me.´

Then yes you did miss something.

A troublesome trend in internet design these days, is that everything looks so square.

Everything takes the form of squares, because that makes most sense, both codingwise and when it comes to image formats.

This comment form however, challenges this trend by having avatars round. And goes further by having them float assymetrically on the Y-axis, as opposed to the avatars on this very forum for instance – where all avatars and name boxes are on the same line.

Combining this assymetry with round pictures, is innovative and unusual. That little line from each picture, going into the users message, connotates to speech bubbles seen in comics.

That functionality is made for young kids because it´s easy to understand who says what. But still this CSS-tricks has avoided in looking like a comic website, and kept the minemalistic color theme, and vague contrasting colors, and has a modern look to it with the border radius boxes.

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

The positioning of the avatars is already in WordPress comments, so that is not new. but they are not in the ‘form’, which is why I paid them little attention.

Circular images made from existing gravatars would be ok, but just rounding the corners may make them more appealing. But making them circular could completely miss the main part of the image, mine isn’t central and it would actually lose it’s appearance if made circular.

this is helpful.. thanks!! good stuff!! cheers!

adidas schoenen

@adidas-schoenen

I like it tooo

Ramiuz
    Participant

@ramiuz

So is anybody attempting to make this theme? Please do.

vansschoenen

@vansschoenen

Please make the theme!

pimarts
    Participant

@pimarts

Did any of you begging for this theme tried to mail the guy who runs css-tricks?

Aside from that the CSS is all there, so if you know what you’re doing you could ‘easily’ code it together yourself.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar