Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

AG-Problem with sending email notifications (wrong "to" address – noreply)

• agorts
    Participant

@agorts

First I would like to says a lot of thanks for this great work you have done in bbPrees..! 🙂

My problem since a few days which I started to use bbPress was that the notification emails was not received by the users…

In v2.5.5 the problem was somewhere in not keeping correct subscription info for the user, so the sending notifications procedure does not even try to send the email…

In latest version, 2.5.6, the problem persists but in an other point…

Now the email is sending with success but the notification email does not reach the user because the “to” field in wp_mail, $to_email, contains the noreply email address and not the email address of the user..! 🙂

Can you please fix this bug for me?

Can I contribute myself in the future in the development of this plugin? Can you give me some directions for doing so?

Thank you for your time and effort… ! 🙂

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

Can I contribute myself in the future in the development of this plugin? Can you give me some directions for doing so?

follow this link , join slack and contact the plugin developers

Development

you should maybe contact them about this issue too, but first make sure to troubleshoot using this first.

General Issues
    bbPress works with many themes and plugins, but it is impossible to test all combinations, and many issues are caused by conflicts with plugins and themes.
    Therefore before posting, please test if your issue is resolved by the following

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. If it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

If the above produces an issue:

If it is a paid theme or plugin, please contact the authors for resolution.
    If free, do ask here, we may know of workaround.
    PLEASE tell us you have done the tests above when posting.

OTHER COMMON FIXES
    The following will do no harm, so are worth a try and can fix some issues
    Dashboard>settings>permalinks. Don’t change anything, but just click save. This resets the permalinks, and can solve some 404 errors.
    Dashboard>tools>forums>repair forums and run one at a time. Useful if you’ve got some stuff not showing – doesn’t often fix but occasionally does.

agorts
    Participant

@agorts

Dear robkk thank you for your reply..

I just realize that the “to” field has the noreply address because the users addresses exists in the bcc field… maybe… I will investigate this one…

How can I get in contact with developers..?

I joined the “Making WordPress” team in slack but how can I join the bbPress team in slack?

Best regards

Andreas

Robkk

@robkk

if you have the slack interface up , go to the channels section and browse them til you find #bbpress

or you can go here

https://wordpress.slack.com/messages/bbpress/

jturet
    Participant

@jturet

I have the same issue, any solution?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar