Categories
Search
Bottom

502 Error on Replies Page

• ecorey
    Participant

@ecorey

I am running bbPress 2.5.7 with WP 4.2.2

WPengine support said this was a segmentation fault issue and not a time-out issue.

“A standard 502 is a timeout when waiting for a request, while a segmentation fault is a failure to execute properly. I’d recommend reaching out to bbpress to take a look or provide any common causes, as it may be as simple as a conflicting plugin/theme.”

I added the WANGguard plug-in the day before this happened, but when I deactivated it, the problem persisted.

Here is my forum site:

Private Survivors Forum

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• ecorey
    Participant

@ecorey

In addition, I cannot use the reply button on the comments on my computer, but it works on my phone. However, even though reply threading is on, it takes me to the bottom of the topic thread when I try to reply to a comment.

Robkk

@robkk

What replies page?

Did you try any of the troubleshooting steps listed here

Troubleshooting

I do not think you have to do the advanced troubleshooting though.

ecorey
    Participant

@ecorey

I just saw this reply because I didn’t get an email for some reason. It is the “All Replies” page in the WordPress dashboard.

I will move my most recent image to staging and try the plug-in deactivation. I have a highly customized theme and I am not sure what will happen if I try to switch that. I already ran the repair processes to no avail.

I have noticed that one of my replies has disappeared and I am wondering if it is causing the problem. Is there any other way to see all replies without that page on the WordPress dashboard? Is there something I can do behind the scenes to see it?

ecorey
    Participant

@ecorey

So this afternoon, it stopped showing my topics to my participants too. I went to my staging install and I deactivated every plug-in other than bbPress. The 502 error was still there. So, I deleted the entire forum with all topics and replies. The 502 error was still there. I changed the theme and the error was still there. Is there something else that I can try? I really don’t want to start over and it doesn’t appear that will help anyway.

ecorey
    Participant

@ecorey

And when I create new topics, no email goes to my participants. It just seems to be one bug after another right now.

Robkk

@robkk

Is there any other way to see all replies without that page on the WordPress dashboard? Is there something I can do behind the scenes to see it?

Maybe look in the database in the posts table.

Was wanguard the only security/spam plugin you added??

ecorey
    Participant

@ecorey

Good news and bad news. I was able to fix the replies page by deleting a bad reply row from the database.

However, I still have the issue with the participants not seeing the topics which has rendered my forum useless. This problem is new. I was hoping it was related to the reply issue, but it was not fixed. When I deactivate every plug-in and use the 2015 theme, it still won’t allow participants to access the topics. Ideas?

ecorey
    Participant

@ecorey

Hello. I really need help. I am looking at having to redo the entire forum as I have been down for a week. Can anyone help please? Why are my topics not showing for my participants? If I have to go redo the entire forum, I guess I’ll pick a plug-in that is more reliable.

Robkk

@robkk

I replied here since you and another user seem to have the same problem.

No topics shown to forum participants

Here is what I posted anyway.

Alright make sure both of you have gone through these troubleshooting steps.

• Deactivate all plugins except bbPress.
    • Switch to a default theme
    • Flush permalinks by switching to default , save , next switch to your preferred structure then save again
    • Clear any cache
    • Go to Tools > Forums > Repair Forums then run each repair job one at a time.

Does it Work??

If it does work now, activate your plugins one at a time and make sure to spot the one that might have caused the issue.

Not a plugin issue??

You can try these plugins one at a time to see which one helps.

bbpress wp4 fix2

http://www.rewweb.co.uk/bbpress-wp4-fix/

And hopefully it works after all that.

ecorey
    Participant

@ecorey

I have tried everything. The only thing that works is resetting my forum and starting over. But even then, my reply threading still doesn’t work. People can only reply to the thread – not a comment.

ecorey
    Participant

@ecorey

I have been able to get reply threading working in IE and on my iPhone, but not in Firefox.

Robkk

@robkk

Ajax comments might affect this , I think , I had a theme awhile ago that would mess with reply threading if I had Ajax comments enabled. If you have ajax comments then disable that and see if it works.

Other than that , you can allow me to test how your reply threading is doing. You can create me an account for your site with subscriber/participant capabilities and send the login information to my email.

Contact

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar