Forum Replies Created
-
In reply to: Replace topic subscription text
ok, try this
add_filter( 'gettext', 'rew_change_text', 20, 3 ); //This function changes the text wherever it is quoted function rew_change_text( $translated_text, $text, $domain ) { if ( $text == 'Subscribe' ) { $translated_text = 'Watch'; } if ( $text == 'Unsubscribe' ) { $translated_text = 'Unwatch'; } return $translated_text; }In reply to: Replace topic subscription textuntested, but this should work
add_filter ('bbp_before_get_topic_subscribe_link_parse_args' , 'change_subscribe') ; function change_subscribe ($args) { $args['subscribe'] = 'Watch' ; $args['unsubscribe'] = 'Unwatch' ; return $args ; }Put this in your child theme’s function file –
ie wp-content/themes/%your-theme-name%/functions.php
where %your-theme-name% is the name of your theme
or use
In reply to: custom post type in bbpress forum boardok, so do you know how to amend files and ftp them to your site?
In reply to: custom post type in bbpress forum boardare you sure it is stored in a custom post, not in usermeta?
and if in custom post, how is each user stored?
In reply to: post topics but not repliesand use topic permissions
In reply to: Hide breadcrumbs on home forum indextry
#post-2399 .bbp-breadcrumb { display: none; }In reply to: Forum rootAS far as I know this forum just uses the default.
There are no problems I know of in not using the prefix unless you have other plugins that use ‘topic’ and ‘reply’ as part of their permalinks.
So it is a matter of personal choice.
In my opinion, only site owners worry about what the url is !! When I am on any other site, I rarely look at the url, and if I am on say Amazon as I was a moment ago it looked like
https://www.amazon.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&tag=googhydr-21&hvadid=208892259274&hvpos=&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3531407930769062293&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_9djqxtzprt_e🙂 🙂 🙂
In reply to: Can Free & Paid Forums Coexist?add this plugin
link to an example on your site please
In reply to: Deleting “_bbp_*” meta keys in wp_postmeta tableif you are no longer using bbpress, then yes you can delete these manually from the database.
bbpress may additionally have some settings stored in wp_options table, again these will all have bbp in their name.
In reply to: Reply not showing upthe wordpress moderation applies to bbpress posts as well
In reply to: Reply not showing updashboard>settings>discussion and look at the moderation settings. Quite often it is the number of links
In reply to: bbPress Topics for Posts comment@ricsca2 – try 1.9.0 and let me know if this is better.
The ‘button is no longer clickable’ has always been there, but I’ve added text to make it clearer why !
In reply to: bbPress Topics for Posts commentcab you try refreshing or restarting your browser
In reply to: bbPress Topics for Posts commentinteresting, I get
http://www.rewweb.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Capture.jpg
In reply to: Forum Not showingand have you worked through
In reply to: Forum Not showingno, this is the bbress support forum 🙂
I help out here, occasionally the authors pitch in but rarely.
But without a site, it is hard to say what your problem is, there are 300,000 installations of bbpress, so if the default didn’t show it would be a well known problem.
Clearly something on your site is preventing the display, but at the moment you are asking me to tell you what is wrong with your automobile by posting a picture of the engine 🙂
In reply to: bbPress Topics for Posts comment@ricsca2 I’ve just released version 1.8.9 which has the ability to decide between posts, pages or both.
and if you click the ‘apply settings to existing posts’, this only does posts
In reply to: Forum Not showingok, not sure I can help further
In reply to: bbPress Topics for Posts commentlet me look at how that works and come back
In reply to: bbPress Topics for Posts comment🙂
In reply to: BBPress user profile page is restricted !!!!Can you contact me via my website
In reply to: BBPress user profile page is restricted !!!!hmm… 300,000 sites use bbpress and I’ve not seen profiles being restricted by password on any site running a default theme and bbpress.
are you using
In reply to: bbPress Topics for Posts comment‘If it is set to perfection more and more users will use it and the plugin will be active.’
I agree, but this is free software that I write in my spare time, I get no income for doing this, and have limited time to write code 🙂
you should find the topic/reply in the dashboard if you have not permanently deleted it.
In reply to: BBPress user profile page is restricted !!!!might be staging site related, but it’s not bbpress doing this.
suggest you contact your hoster to see if they can help