Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BBPress user profile page is restricted !!!!

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

just yours, everyone’s, are you using a shortcode on a page?

nayanboost
    Participant

@nayanboost

Everyone’s.

Which page is responsible to show the user’s page? I haven’t done anything with the template.

Robin W

@robin-w

thanks, if you have not put a shortocde in a page, then don’t worry, I was just eliminating an avenue.

Is this a new site, or has this just started happening?

do you have a link to an example I can see?

nayanboost
    Participant

@nayanboost

I am using the Genesis child theme. Strange thing is, the protected page accepting the password I have set for other protected pages on my website !!!

Please check this one: https://channelmcgilchrist.com/forums/users/nayanbeta/

This is not a new site. Just started happening.

nayanboost
    Participant

@nayanboost

And another thing, there are shortcodes on many pages. Just haven’t done anything with the profile page template.

Robin W

@robin-w

I’d suspect that your theme has had an update then.

As this is a paid theme, I’d suggest you raise it with the theme authors first.

If you want to check you can

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

nayanboost
    Participant

@nayanboost

I have disabled all the plugins except bbpress and switched the theme to twentytwenty but still it is showing the same.

https://stagemcgil.wpengine.com/discussion/ is the page where you can find the forum and please try checking one user profile.

Robin W

@robin-w

might be staging site related, but it’s not bbpress doing this.

suggest you contact your hoster to see if they can help

nayanboost
    Participant

@nayanboost

I have contacted the hosting. They are saying it is something to do with bbpress !!!!

Robin W

@robin-w

hmm… 300,000 sites use bbpress and I’ve not seen profiles being restricted by password on any site running a default theme and bbpress.

are you using

bbPress Genesis Extend

nayanboost
    Participant

@nayanboost

yes I am using it

Robin W

@robin-w

Can you contact me via my website

Contact me

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar