Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum Not showing

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

just given screenshots, impossible to help

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

Dave Stevens
    Participant

@paramedic192

The website is live, but the forum is not yet being used.

I tested it with Twenty-Twenty and Twenty-Nineteen get the same results. I am using the Kadence theme and have used it in the past with BBPress.

If you go to one of the forums it shows up. But if you try and view all of them they don’t show up.

https://prnt.sc/10tn6lc

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, not sure I can help further

Dave Stevens
    Participant

@paramedic192

Sorry, I thought you were BBPress support. DO they have another method of contact? I appreciate you trying to troubleshoot with me though

Robin W

@robin-w

no, this is the bbress support forum 🙂

I help out here, occasionally the authors pitch in but rarely.

But without a site, it is hard to say what your problem is, there are 300,000 installations of bbpress, so if the default didn’t show it would be a well known problem.

Clearly something on your site is preventing the display, but at the moment you are asking me to tell you what is wrong with your automobile by posting a picture of the engine 🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

and have you worked through

Before Posting

izzyeast
    Participant

@izzyeast

Similar issue here, WordPress update installed v5.7 which is NOT Compatible with BBPress v2.6.6. Meaning that I’m going to have to backup to the earlier version, BBPress is compatible up to: WPress v5.6.2

Entire WordPress crashed, where I had to go into hosting cpanel to disable all plugins, see:
    https://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-deactivate-all-plugins-when-not-able-to-access-wp-admin/

Robin W

@robin-w

@izzyeast bbpress 2.6.6 works with WordPress 5.7 -I have it running on several sites, and with 300,000 installation, it would be well know if it didn’t.

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar