Surprise! The development of bbPress 2.0 is progressing faster than expected! We released Beta 1 only six days ago, and today we’re releasing Beta 2. Huge props go out to everyone that’s already test driving Beta 1. The rapid pre-release cycle is due entirely to you, and sour cream and onion potato chips.
Remember that this is still very much beta software, so don’t go using it on your production sites. If you’re a plugin or theme developer, or a site administrator, you should be running this on test environments and reporting any bugs you find. If you’re a loyal bbPress user who is anxious to see what the future of bbPress looks like, create a secondary WordPress test site and let us know what you think about it in the support forums.
The plan is to keep releasing Beta’s as changes go in, put out release candidates in the next few weeks, and release bbPress 2.0 by the end of June (in tandem with WordPress 3.2.) The more you help us polish the new paint during the beta period means a shinier and longer lasting 2.0, and the more likely we are to stay on schedule and hit our release goals.
Here are some of the important changes since Beta 1:
- GlotPress integration
- Fixes Forum archive bug on some installations
- Fixes and improvements to importer
- Adds home link support to breadcrumb
- Adds missing breadcrumbs to various template files
- Adds filters for future anti-spam support
- Improvements to templates and CSS
- Improvements to Theme Compatibility
- Improved RTL support
- Improved multisite support
- Topic/reply trash fixes