Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WPMimic V.1

• So its been a year plus since I visited this forum, I noticed that a couple of people are using WPMimic and are probably hating it. Anyhow, I opened up the theme and spend the last day or two reworking the theme to work with current version of bbPress. I’ll post the download link to the download link this friday (02/04/11) finish or not.

Sad to see that bbPress hasn’t grown much even after a year of no visitation….

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 62 total)
  • Try to download it once more. I uploaded to my site instead of dropbox this time, should be fixed. I tested on my site and it worked…

Ok heres the update. First I downloaded from http://vietsonnguyen.com/WPMimic.zip <– there. and second this is what happens:

Note: Registration works fine in the default theme so its no my installation or hosting, I have tested this out.

I click register:

Enter the name: kk

Email: tt@kk

Then his register, I dont get a message saying that your user name and password has been sent to your email.

So I log in as admin and that user is not in the user section

So then I register again:

Enter the name: Adam

Email: My email

I dont get an error for username and I dont get an error for email.

I switch to default themes:

The first login Worked

The second gave me an error for both user name and email.

Ok heres the update. First I downloaded from http://vietsonnguyen.com/WPMimic.zip <– there. and second this is what happens:

Note: Registration works fine in the default theme so its no my installation or hosting, I have tested this out.

I click register:

Enter the name: kk

Email: tt@kk

Then his register, I dont get a message saying that your user name and password has been sent to your email.

So I log in as admin and that user is not in the user section

So then I register again:

Enter the name: Adam

Email: My email

I dont get an error for username and I dont get an error for email.

I switch to default themes:

The first login Worked

The second gave me an error for both user name and email.

What version of bbPress are u running? This theme isn’t tested on any version early than version 1.

Also, if you try to register with the email address tt@kk, it’ll tell you that the email address is invalid. Or if you’re using an email that already exist in your database then that wont work either…

I tested everything in my site, and everything seems to be just fine.

you can test it out yourself on my site if you want…

What version of bbPress are u running? This theme isn’t tested on any version early than version 1.

Also, if you try to register with the email address tt@kk, it’ll tell you that the email address is invalid. Or if you’re using an email that already exist in your database then that wont work either…

This is my site: http://bwshome.web44.net/ Try and sign up and you’ll see what I mean. Nothing works. the version is the latest stable version of bbpress what ever that is on the download section of this site.

I dont get the error message you should get with tt@kk.

trouble shooting?

This is my site: http://bwshome.web44.net/ Try and sign up and you’ll see what I mean. Nothing works. the version is the latest stable version of bbpress what ever that is on the download section of this site.

I dont get the error message you should get with tt@kk.

trouble shooting?

I registered on your site. Seems to be fine. The only thing I don’t get is the password email which I think has to do more with your server than the theme.

I went back and tried to register again and both my username and email address is already in your database…

I registered on your site. Seems to be fine. The only thing I don’t get is the password email which I think has to do more with your server than the theme.

I went back and tried to register again and both my username and email address is already in your database…

hmm. Thats odd. Ill remove you from the user base – how ever I am confused as to why the registration doesn’t work for me >_<.

hmm. Thats odd. Ill remove you from the user base – how ever I am confused as to why the registration doesn’t work for me >_<.

http://www.mynflshops.com

http://www.mynflshops.com

@ CNLee123

that made you sound like a spam bot as it was an exsact echo of limited

with out the link.

I am using the latest stable version of BB press

@ CNLee123

that made you sound like a spam bot as it was an exsact echo of limited

with out the link.

I am using the latest stable version of BB press

Vertimo biuras

@vertimo-biuras

it works fine for me as well.

Vertimo biuras

@vertimo-biuras

it works fine for me as well.

smiga
    Participant

@smiga

This is a great theme, I was using v.02 with small css adaptions and some bugfixes with topic display. Some days ago I upgraded to v.1 and its visually much more better.

But there is one small feature what was in v.02, but is missing in v.1 – when I entered some on going topic, what I have visited before, then page automatically moved me to last unread post where I stopped reading previously.

As I`m not strong in programming, I hope that this feature in previous version was not coming from some plugin… :)

If it was in previous theme version, could you at least give me some hint about function name what to search? I could try to add it to new code myself…

smiga
    Participant

@smiga

This is a great theme, I was using v.02 with small css adaptions and some bugfixes with topic display. Some days ago I upgraded to v.1 and its visually much more better.

But there is one small feature what was in v.02, but is missing in v.1 – when I entered some on going topic, what I have visited before, then page automatically moved me to last unread post where I stopped reading previously.

As I`m not strong in programming, I hope that this feature in previous version was not coming from some plugin… :)

If it was in previous theme version, could you at least give me some hint about function name what to search? I could try to add it to new code myself…

@smiga – I do not believe that was a feature in my theme but more like a feature in bbPress. After I updated bbPress I notice that feature was gone as well.

@smiga – I do not believe that was a feature in my theme but more like a feature in bbPress. After I updated bbPress I notice that feature was gone as well.

@limited I liked your WPmimic bbpress theme and would go back if there was a WP theme for it. Basically what I really want is for the blog styling to look just like the forum styling.

@limited I liked your WPmimic bbpress theme and would go back if there was a WP theme for it. Basically what I really want is for the blog styling to look just like the forum styling.

@Farlek – There is one and it is done. But I don’t think I’ll release it until bbpress plugin for WP has a stable release. Its getting very close, so just a few more weeks.

@Farlek – There is one and it is done. But I don’t think I’ll release it until bbpress plugin for WP has a stable release. Its getting very close, so just a few more weeks.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar