Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WPMimic V.1

• So its been a year plus since I visited this forum, I noticed that a couple of people are using WPMimic and are probably hating it. Anyhow, I opened up the theme and spend the last day or two reworking the theme to work with current version of bbPress. I’ll post the download link to the download link this friday (02/04/11) finish or not.

Sad to see that bbPress hasn’t grown much even after a year of no visitation….

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 62 total)

• citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

In fact, bbPress is becoming a WordPress plugin. There has been a LOT of development in the last 4 months. More info here:

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-plugin-updates

citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

In fact, bbPress is becoming a WordPress plugin. There has been a LOT of development in the last 4 months. More info here:

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-plugin-updates

@citizenkeith – thanks for the link. I started reading that thread a few days ago and find that the development kinda stop halfway. Although initially the progress is quite strong then it began to die down.

Anyhow, WPMimic v.1 is ready. Visit: http://vietsonnguyen.com/beta/bbpress/

Let me know how it in IE since I have no access to IE.

@citizenkeith – thanks for the link. I started reading that thread a few days ago and find that the development kinda stop halfway. Although initially the progress is quite strong then it began to die down.

Anyhow, WPMimic v.1 is ready. Visit: http://vietsonnguyen.com/beta/bbpress/

Let me know how it in IE since I have no access to IE.

So I have downloaded and tested your theme with the following issues/error:

Note: Nothing in the css or template files has been changed this is a straight download, upload and activate.

– Private messages plugin layout is broken.

Thats actually all I could find. The old version had things like:

– Broken CSS on editing, registration and editing a profile

I am wondering (praying and begging) if you can fix the pm layout the plugin is: https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/bbpm/

Thanks so much.

Edit:

in IE9 the site works perfectly fine with the theme (since you wanted to know) – how ever that PM plugin is still an issue

So I have downloaded and tested your theme with the following issues/error:

Note: Nothing in the css or template files has been changed this is a straight download, upload and activate.

– Private messages plugin layout is broken.

Thats actually all I could find. The old version had things like:

– Broken CSS on editing, registration and editing a profile

I am wondering (praying and begging) if you can fix the pm layout the plugin is: https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/bbpm/

Thanks so much.

Edit:

in IE9 the site works perfectly fine with the theme (since you wanted to know) – how ever that PM plugin is still an issue

Sorry for the bump but they took away the edit button >_<

Your registratiuon page does nothing.

Upon registiring for a new account using this theme, I dont get any message and the admin side shows that I do not have a new user, switching back to the default theme this is fixed.

Sorry for the bump but they took away the edit button >_<

Your registratiuon page does nothing.

Upon registiring for a new account using this theme, I dont get any message and the admin side shows that I do not have a new user, switching back to the default theme this is fixed.

You are right, the registration form does not work for some reason. I’ll take a look into it this weekend since I’m in btw projects atm.

As for the bbPM plugin, I’m not sure why its breaking the layout just yet. I think its because of how the header.php and footer.php are coded. I’ll try to fix this, not sure how yet but I’ll be thinking about it.

You are right, the registration form does not work for some reason. I’ll take a look into it this weekend since I’m in btw projects atm.

As for the bbPM plugin, I’m not sure why its breaking the layout just yet. I think its because of how the header.php and footer.php are coded. I’ll try to fix this, not sure how yet but I’ll be thinking about it.

Adrienkb

@adrienkb

Hey just wondering if the issues are fixed

Adrienkb

@adrienkb

Hey just wondering if the issues are fixed

llny

@llny

Hello!

Just wanted to let you know that I am still using your v0.2 and I am loving it!

However, I would like to change the background when posting a new topic from the dark color gray to white.

I am not a pro, but I do know how to change the color settings in a php file. But I tried my best to change the colors and none of them referred to the new topic background text box.

I was looking at the style.css

Please help!

Thank you.

llny

@llny

Hello!

Just wanted to let you know that I am still using your v0.2 and I am loving it!

However, I would like to change the background when posting a new topic from the dark color gray to white.

I am not a pro, but I do know how to change the color settings in a php file. But I tried my best to change the colors and none of them referred to the new topic background text box.

I was looking at the style.css

Please help!

Thank you.

llny

@llny

:)

llny

@llny

:)

Adrienkb

@adrienkb

your recent update – registration doesn’t work for update on 2/21/11

Adrienkb

@adrienkb

your recent update – registration doesn’t work for update on 2/21/11

Vietson

@limited

@Adrienkb – Are you sure that it doesn’t work? I’ve tested many times and it works great. If you were testing out the registration on my beta site, then i purposely disabled the registration page and its always an update or two behind the actual updated version.

@llny – I don’t have the orginal css file to version 0.02 anymore so I can’t really look up to the css. Why don’t you try the new version 1.0 for now. A setting page is coming, I just gotta finish it up.

Vietson

@limited

@Adrienkb – Are you sure that it doesn’t work? I’ve tested many times and it works great. If you were testing out the registration on my beta site, then i purposely disabled the registration page and its always an update or two behind the actual updated version.

@llny – I don’t have the orginal css file to version 0.02 anymore so I can’t really look up to the css. Why don’t you try the new version 1.0 for now. A setting page is coming, I just gotta finish it up.

Adrienkb

@adrienkb

no i downloaded the theme and installed it and when i fill out say information for a test user who has the same email, i dont get an error and when i know it will be successful, the page refreshes

Adrienkb

@adrienkb

no i downloaded the theme and installed it and when i fill out say information for a test user who has the same email, i dont get an error and when i know it will be successful, the page refreshes

Adrienkb

@adrienkb

have we made any fixes to this issue?

Adrienkb

@adrienkb

have we made any fixes to this issue?

Vietson

@limited

Try to download it once more. I uploaded to my site instead of dropbox this time, should be fixed. I tested on my site and it worked…

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar