Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WordPress/Buddypress cannot find my bb-config.php file

• pcgs51
    Participant

@pcgs51

I installed BuddyPress and had it all working fine, no 404 errors or anything. So once I figured I had it working I installed bbPress. I chose to have it integated with my WordPress/BuddyPress site. I filled out the 3 step form and was under the impression that everything went well. Is there anywhere that I can find a fix or suggestions how to fix.

Also, I can see the new forum outside my wordpress site but even though I can see the page and can see that I am logged in, I cannot adjust settings because I can see no Admin area.

<http://lhhs69.com/forum&gt;

Thanks.

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

• mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

This is bbPress forum, not BuddyPress. Try asking here: https://buddypress.org/community/activity/

mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

This is bbPress forum, not BuddyPress. Try asking here: https://buddypress.org/community/activity/

pcgs51
    Participant

@pcgs51

My mistake, I didn’t communicate my issue properly. Guess it was lack of sleep. This is a bbPress/WordPress/BuddyPress issue and I am hoping somebody out there knows what I’m doing wrong.

If I could delete this post I would to start over.

I installed bbPress into WordPress/BuddyPress site. Following the bbPress installation instructions, I uploaded bbPress into a folder and renamed it “forum.”

I pointed my browser to the install page and filled out the three step form and all seemed to go well. I got an email from the bbPress installer stating that my installation was successful.

This is my issue:

In order to integrate bbPress into my WordPress/BuddyPress site, I need to use the “Forum Setup” option under the BuddyPress panel in the WordPress admin area. When I attempted to use the option offered to me labeled “Use an existing bbPress installation” I am asked for the location of my bb-config.php file. When I put in the path, I get this message:

“The bb-config.php file was not found at that location, please try again.”

I have tried using the path from the root of my server with and without using the actual bb-config.php file name.

I have tried using the absolute path using my domain name with and without the file name above and with and without the “.www” in the path.

I cannot think of any more possible ways to direct my site to know where bb-config.php is located. I can see it on the server and can open it. Nothing I can see is out of place.

Anyone familiar with this issue? Thanks.

pcgs51
    Participant

@pcgs51

My mistake, I didn’t communicate my issue properly. Guess it was lack of sleep. This is a bbPress/WordPress/BuddyPress issue and I am hoping somebody out there knows what I’m doing wrong.

If I could delete this post I would to start over.

I installed bbPress into WordPress/BuddyPress site. Following the bbPress installation instructions, I uploaded bbPress into a folder and renamed it “forum.”

I pointed my browser to the install page and filled out the three step form and all seemed to go well. I got an email from the bbPress installer stating that my installation was successful.

This is my issue:

In order to integrate bbPress into my WordPress/BuddyPress site, I need to use the “Forum Setup” option under the BuddyPress panel in the WordPress admin area. When I attempted to use the option offered to me labeled “Use an existing bbPress installation” I am asked for the location of my bb-config.php file. When I put in the path, I get this message:

“The bb-config.php file was not found at that location, please try again.”

I have tried using the path from the root of my server with and without using the actual bb-config.php file name.

I have tried using the absolute path using my domain name with and without the file name above and with and without the “.www” in the path.

I cannot think of any more possible ways to direct my site to know where bb-config.php is located. I can see it on the server and can open it. Nothing I can see is out of place.

Anyone familiar with this issue? Thanks.

pcgs51
    Participant

@pcgs51

I now see that I did need to keep this at BuddyPress. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

pcgs51
    Participant

@pcgs51

I now see that I did need to keep this at BuddyPress. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Mark McWilliams

@markmcwilliams

Yeah you’re best place to get support would be BuddyPress, while it’ll integrate with bbPress, I believe they do some cool stuff with code to make it possible, you’ll also get a much quicker response! :)

Mark McWilliams

@markmcwilliams

Yeah you’re best place to get support would be BuddyPress, while it’ll integrate with bbPress, I believe they do some cool stuff with code to make it possible, you’ll also get a much quicker response! :)

pcgs51
    Participant

@pcgs51

Yeah, I did get the help I needed there and if I could have removed my post I would have. I feel like a litterbug.

pcgs51
    Participant

@pcgs51

Yeah, I did get the help I needed there and if I could have removed my post I would have. I feel like a litterbug.

Mark McWilliams

@markmcwilliams

Oh don’t worry about it, I’ll see if we can get the thread locked! ;)

Mark McWilliams

@markmcwilliams

Oh don’t worry about it, I’ll see if we can get the thread locked! ;)

digitaloutback

@digitaloutback

Hey pcgs51,

Having a similar issue, I installed Buddypress and opted for forum integration with bbpress but also askes for bb config file path which I haven’t got? any clues? Thanks

digitaloutback

@digitaloutback

Hey pcgs51,

Having a similar issue, I installed Buddypress and opted for forum integration with bbpress but also askes for bb config file path which I haven’t got? any clues? Thanks

pimarts
    Participant

@pimarts

BuddyPress is not compatible with the bbPress plugin yet. (You can BuddyPress and bbPress perfectly alongside eachother though, just disable the forum components of BuddyPress).

A new version of BuddyPress is coming out soon (JJJ said so, that’s why they’re working on buddypress.org this week) and I think that one will be compatible with the plugin.

pimarts
    Participant

@pimarts

BuddyPress is not compatible with the bbPress plugin yet. (You can BuddyPress and bbPress perfectly alongside eachother though, just disable the forum components of BuddyPress).

A new version of BuddyPress is coming out soon (JJJ said so, that’s why they’re working on buddypress.org this week) and I think that one will be compatible with the plugin.

digitaloutback

@digitaloutback

Ok I see, just read something which solved my problem..

“BuddyPress allows you to install a forked version of bbPress. It is not the same as this bbPress.”

I was getting stumped on the fact the integrated version didnt have admin menus like the standalone bbpress does..

digitaloutback

@digitaloutback

Ok I see, just read something which solved my problem..

“BuddyPress allows you to install a forked version of bbPress. It is not the same as this bbPress.”

I was getting stumped on the fact the integrated version didnt have admin menus like the standalone bbpress does..

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar