Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WordPress-bbpress Integration 'Fatal Error'

• I have been working day and night to get my WordPress and bbpress sites integrated. I stubled upon a guide to integrate, and it seems to have worked. I can’t really tell because of an error screen I get when I go to my site.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::add_query_var() in /home6/kaebinco/public_html/251st/wp-includes/taxonomy.php on line 318

I did not edit this file over the course of the integration, have no clue what it does, what the error means, or how to fix it. I’m hoping one of you guys can shed some light on the situation. Here’s a link to the guide I mentioned.

http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/wordpress-and-bbpress-integration-101

I can’t log in to by bbpress and my wordpress site is a blank screen with the error. I am using Worpress 2.7.1 and bbpress 1.0.3.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Check wp-config.php for any lines that define a $wp-> object setting.

They will break wordpress 3.1 or higher and give a $wp->add_query_var error.

For example:

$wp->cookiedomain = '.example.com';

Will work in 3.0 and below but break WP 3.1 and 3.2

You’ll have to research for the replacement define setting as an alternative to $wp->

For example, the modern replacement for the above line is

define(COOKIE_DOMAIN,'.example.com');

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Check wp-config.php for any lines that define a $wp-> object setting.

They will break wordpress 3.1 or higher and give a $wp->add_query_var error.

For example:

$wp->cookiedomain = '.example.com';

Will work in 3.0 and below but break WP 3.1 and 3.2

You’ll have to research for the replacement define setting as an alternative to $wp->

For example, the modern replacement for the above line is

define(COOKIE_DOMAIN,'.example.com');

Shame they are not comparable, Should we should keep separate hosting for Word press and bbPress.

I was looking to commission these together with a membership plugin.

Is it possible with paid professional help or not worth the effort and I should look at another system?

Thanks

Shame they are not comparable, Should we should keep separate hosting for Word press and bbPress.

I was looking to commission these together with a membership plugin.

Is it possible with paid professional help or not worth the effort and I should look at another system?

Thanks

pimarts
    Participant

@pimarts

The plugin version of bbpress is integrated with WordPress out of the box, so you could give that a try?

pimarts
    Participant

@pimarts

The plugin version of bbpress is integrated with WordPress out of the box, so you could give that a try?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar