Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WordPress 4.2.3 broke my site. Removed bbPress plugin and now the site works.

• Extreme4x4Dude
    Participant

@extreme4x4dude

My server auto updated my website to the new WordPress 4.2.3 and now when bbPress is active my site breaks. I’ve since change the setting on my server so that it does not auto update but I still have the problem of my bbPress plugin wont work. When activated a Fatal Error occurs. Has anyone else had this problem?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

What is the error??

I have my localhost server running the latest WordPress and bbPress and I do not see an issue.

I also tested one of my live test sites, and still do not see an issue.

Extreme4x4Dude
    Participant

@extreme4x4dude

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 49152 bytes) in /home/ext4x4dude/public_html/wp-admin/includes/screen.php on line 489

I’ve had this issue in the past but fixed it with the following php.ini file.
    upload_max_filesize = 128M;
    post_max_size = 64M;

Robkk

@robkk

Yeah this issue is not because of the bbPress plugin but your site does not have enough memory.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Common_WordPress_Errors#Allowed_memory_size_exhausted

Extreme4x4Dude
    Participant

@extreme4x4dude

I had a feeling that would be the response I would get but I don’t understand how this could be a problem all of a sudden after the new update. I will look into this more and worse case scenario just remove bbPress from the site all together and use something different for my forums.

Robkk

@robkk

Its not a plugin specific error. Your server just can’t handle too much memory usage. WordPress may need more memory to use for your site. It has increased the minimum requirements before.

https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21646

You can follow the link I placed above then follow another link to show you some code to add to your wp-config.php file and see if that fixes your issue, in most cases it likely will. In some situations your server will cap the allowed memory so you may need to contact them about increasing it more.

If you want you can also google your issue and you will see countless posts on the wordpress.org forums about this, and they have the same exact answer.

Extreme4x4Dude
    Participant

@extreme4x4dude

Thanks Robkk,
    I’ve spent countless hours researching this issues and fixed it in the past and everything was working great. The update must of messed with something. I went into my “public_html/” folder and edited the wp-config.php file by adding the line: define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ’96M’);

That seemed to fix the issue. The more curious part about all this is that many of my plugin’s had the same issue when activated and some had updates yesterday and today that seemed to fix the issue on their own without me doing anything. Either way thank you for your help. It seems to be working again.

Robkk

@robkk

no problem 🙂

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar