Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Why Should One Add bbPress to BuddyPress?

• jrunfitpro
    Participant

@jrunfitpro

I installed BuddPress, but wondered why I should have bbPress in addition to BuddyPress?

Also, why did this mess with my permalinks? It’s been a pain resolving this feature. Is the solution as simple as correcting this alert “Possible bbPress conflict: Topics base.” Right now this is set to subject, so what should I change this to?

Thanks people!

Justin

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• BBC
    Participant

@bbc

I am also interested

Robkk

@robkk

If you want forums, use bbPress if not do not use it.

why did this mess with my permalinks?

explain a little more on this??

It’s been a pain resolving this feature. Is the solution as simple as correcting this alert “Possible bbPress conflict: Topics base.” Right now this is set to subject, so what should I change this to?

The topic slug??

Can you explain a little more on this error?

You set what to subject??

jrunfitpro
    Participant

@jrunfitpro

I guess I’m not really sure what BuddyPress is for. I always viewed this as the forum platform.

I never touched the settings. They just installed that way and I believe it changed my permalinks from custom post to subject. I literally cannot find a huge group of posts now.

Robkk

@robkk

BuddyPress use to have bbPress in it as a module before, and there are some tutuorials on the web saying BuddyPress as a forum solution because of this. The way how it is now bbPress is just forums and BuddyPress has features like Facebook/twitter without a forum module in it anymore.

They just installed that way and I believe it changed my permalinks from custom post to subject. I literally cannot find a huge group of posts now.

But what exactly changed? What were your permalinks before and afte? Make sure to show a full url example. You of course do not have to put your actual site link, use something like example.com

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar