Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

What is _bbp_activity_id and do I care about it?

• TKServer
    Participant

@tkserver

I’m creating a custom threaded forum view. From there users can post or reply, so I’ve created my own reply dialogue in a modal window. I’ve got it posting the reply to the database fine and now I’m at the wp_postmeta end of things setting that up to input the proper metadata.

_bbp_activity_id is where I’m wondering. What is this? I see what looks to be a sequential set of numbers for the value.

The other meta items seem pretty self explanatory.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hi TKServer,
    I see several questions here from you and they seem to indicate you want to create topics and replies yourself by creating the posts and adding the metadata yourself.
    I would propose you really check bbpress functions that exist that do this for you autmatically, so you don’t need to worry about what exact metadata to add.
    Pascal.

Robkk

@robkk

_bbp_activity_id is part of the BuddyPress integration code in bbPress specifically the activity component part of BuddyPress.

https://github.com/ntwb/bbPress/blob/ce1334374cf9fd165e81da1e5b6b511a2b3b778b/src/includes/extend/buddypress/activity.php#L598

TKServer
    Participant

@tkserver

Hi TKServer,
    I see several questions here from you and they seem to indicate you want to create topics and replies yourself by creating the posts and adding the metadata yourself.
    I would propose you really check bbpress functions that exist that do this for you autmatically, so you don’t need to worry about what exact metadata to add.
    Pascal.

Yes that’s a great solution. The problem is that I’m doing it outside of the bbpress application. Any thoughts? For now I’ve taken the function that writes and new post and new meta and modified it to work with my custom page.

TKServer
    Participant

@tkserver

What does the number in this field represent?

TKServer
    Participant

@tkserver

I’ve figured out the answer to my own question.

This field is related to the buddy press field wp_bp_activity. That shows something like “joe user replied to the topic xxx in the forum xxx”

_bbp_activity_id isn’t necessary for my reply to code on my particular site for bbpress to work properly. It IS however necessary if I want my Buddy Press integration to reflect activity updates related to the forum.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar