Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

What if mail() is disabled on my server?

• Hi everybody,

bbpress fails to send out emails for my forum. Unfortunately, my host decided to disable mail() for all users.

I believe that is why I get the error:

“The email containing the password reset link could not be sent.”

Is there a work around? I know I have some plugins for my regular wordpress websites to get around this but wondering what to do for bbpress…

Tx,

Bobby

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Forum saver!

Thanks gerikg

Olaf Lederer
    Participant

@finalwebsites

I’m wondering what happens if the mail() function is disabled during the setup?

Does bbpress send the password only by mail? or is the password visible for the admin on confirmation screen?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

During setup, the password is displayed on screen. If it’s not visible right on top, you can “show installation messages” and see it there. For a while there, I thought you could set the password as well, but I may be confusing with WordPress.

When you integrate and choose a WordPress user as keymaster, it just uses the existing password, so nothing is displayed or changed.

Olaf Lederer
    Participant

@finalwebsites

That’s why I asked, I can’t remember that (it was more than two years ago ver. 0.83)

:)

If it works like for wordpress everything is cool.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

You will get the password even if mail() is disabled, on installation. You either set it, or it uses the existing one if you selected a WordPress user as keymaster, or it’s displayed on screen. It will also mail, but that’s not the only way.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar