Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

We want edit our replys

• Rasteri
    Participant

@rasteri

Hey, how i can disable this option in bbpress forum settings; Disallow editing after x minutes, if i type 0 or leacve it blank, it still uses default setup (5 minutes)?

WordPress version 3.9.2–fi
    bbPress Version 2.5.4
    My site

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

hmmm i thought you could be able to disable it with 0 , but i really havent tried that yet.

you could hide the link with css and also php i guess so the time wouldnt even matter since there isnt a link to edit at all.

heres with css

a.bbp-reply-edit-link {
    display:none;
    }

for topics just change reply to topic

I just tested this and it works fine, as it states: “Disallow editing after ‘x’ minutes”, that does not infer setting to 0 will disable topic/reply editing 😉

Thus, if you set it to 1 editing will be disabled after 1 minute, the default is 5 minutes.

If this is not working for you check your time and date settings, someone else had this issue a while back and as they had the incorrect time zone configured it was adding the time zone difference to the allowed editable time 🙂

Minoumimi Senpai
    Participant

@minoumimi

sorry to post this here but my i cannot create topics or anything on the site..

i have been messing with this all day and getting quite aggrevated
    my members cannot edit they’re topics or replies or forums if i allowed it which i dont
    And they cannot create a topic from the Dashboard menu bar at the top
    so the topics they are allowed to use looks totally horrible and does not have all my wordpress options, well i think it uses the normal wordpress replies maybe i would need to change that?

If they could Edit they could use the proper Tools after but..
    Unless i set Edit_others_posts there is absolutely nothing i can do to allow them to edit
    it always says you do not have the proper rights
    and of course i DO NOT want them to be allowed to edit other peoples posts…

How could i make it so that they can edit they’re own posts only
    and that they could post a Topic Directly from the Dashboard bar at the top of page to be able to have the proper tools instead of using post topic like a reply
    I did reset all users to default Role since i saw it mentioned often and it didnt help
    Only if id set it to moderator they could edit theyre own posts
    but they can delete everything from everyone

i am using latest WordPress and latest bbpress with twenty fourteen theme and i have no plugins that would conflict

Minoumimi Senpai
    Participant

@minoumimi

i am still trying to find answer to this problem !!
    Unless i add the role edit_others_post my users cannot edit they’re own posts using the Advanced posting option of wordpress
    And well i cannot trust all those people to not touch each others posts..
    and without it well the Topic creation is not that versatile unless they are html pros

Robkk

@robkk

@minoumimi

i dont recommend users creating new topics from the admin bar or the backend unless there just keymasters and maybe moderators too.

i would even allow only keymasters and moderators in the backend of my site.

users should only edit the topics/replies using the admin links on each post.

if you only do this they should only edit their own posts

as for being the proper tools ,

there is a tag input box by the topic if you have tags enabled

tinymce toolbar can be activated using
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress-enable-tinymce-visual-tab/

and the revisions should show up if you activate revision logs

attachments can be available with some plugins

other than that the other stuff the users shouldn’t touch.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar