Categories
Search
Bottom

View my post, Most popular topic links

• ttmt
    Participant

@ttmt

Hi all

How would I add a ‘Most popular topics’ link to show a list of the most popular topics and a ‘View my posts’ link so user could view a list of there posts

Regards

ttmt

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

where would you like to show these?

ttmt
    Participant

@ttmt

Where could I show them?

Ideally I would show them above the bhp-header li

Robin W

@robin-w

Ideally I would show them above the bhp-header li

Can you gibe a link page and say where on it you would like it to go

ttmt
    Participant

@ttmt

I’m working locally now so I don’t have a link I can send.

I have a screen shot of the position – The buttons are oversized but the correct position.

http://postimg.org/image/5lpk8z3vx/

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, so do you want this on just the main index, or on each category or all forums?

this gets increasingly complicated, as then I’d presume you’d want only the most popular and my posts to only relate to the forum shown ?

just on the main index I could probably show you, the rest would probably be beyond free help !

Robkk

@robkk

@robin-w just helping out

link to show a list of the most popular topics

this is easy you can just create an html link to the (most poplular) view in bbpress

<a class="bbp-most-popular-button" href="http://sitename.com/forums/view/popular/">Most Popular</a>

‘View my posts’ link so user could view a list of there posts

this would require a link to replies created

which i think you could if you edit some of this function

<li class="<?php if ( bbp_is_single_user_replies() ) :?>current<?php endif; ?>">
    					<span class='bbp-user-replies-created-link'>
    						<a href="<?php bbp_user_replies_created_url(); ?>" title="<?php printf( esc_attr__( "%s's Replies Created", 'bbpress' ), bbp_get_displayed_user_field( 'display_name' ) ); ?>"><?php _e( 'Replies Created', 'bbpress' ); ?></a>
    					</span>
    				</li>

Robin W

@robin-w

@robkk – help out all you like 🙂 🙂

Robkk

@robkk

@ttmt place this code into loop-topics.php above the <li class="bbp-header">

<a class="bbp-most-popular-button" href="http://sitename.com/forums/view/popular/">Most Popular</a>

@robin-w
    I think the second one would require PHP and i hate PHP , but i can tell you the second one is going to use scraps of this

<a href="<?php bbp_user_replies_created_url(); ?>" title="<?php printf( esc_attr__( "%s's Replies Created", 'bbpress' ), bbp_get_displayed_user_field( 'display_name' ) ); ?>"><?php _e( 'Replies Created', 'bbpress' ); ?></a>

and some of this , basically the wp-get-current-user and output a link

Layout and functionality – Examples you can use

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar