Categories
Search
Bottom

Version: 2.5.5 not working more after the updates

• awpt
    Participant

@awpt

Hi,
    I have wordpress 4.1.1 installed and bbpress forum was working fine until I updated wordpress and bbpress.

So in admin Area I dont have more the tabs forum or replies, I have nothing as tools > forum etc

The forums are there in the frontend but I cant post and I get instead this messagge:
    ERROR: You do not have permission to reply.

Before posting this topic I saw all forum duscussions about this issue I tried everything.
    I created another user and I installed bbPress Advanced Capabilities
    With the new keymaster created I posted one time but it doesnt work more πŸ™‚

Im confused because I cant understand where can be the problem.

ohh before I forget I installed also a plugin called bbpress wp4 fix wich I found here in a forum reply.

Anyway I exported xml files for topics , replies etc and went to phpmyadmin to remove all data in database about bbpress for a new installation but I cant see any bbpress table there.

How can be possible ? if anyone got the same issue and knows what to do please but please tell me what to do.
    Thanks!

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• spacebom
    Participant

@spacebom

I have exactly the same problem

Someone could give us some help?

Thank you.

PD: You can see the forums at formulaf1.es/foros/

awpt
    Participant

@awpt

no one can tell us the solution
    I dont want to fix but I want to remove it from database than I will reinstall
    I remove the plugin and the forums are there πŸ™‚
    I go to database table and there is nothing about bbpress
    Thats very strange

awpt
    Participant

@awpt

anyone can help us ?

Robkk

@robkk

It could be a plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

you can also see if your theme is causing the issue but its probably more of a plugin issue..

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

awpt
    Participant

@awpt

Yes Before asking here I did all what you say,

I have Easy Digital Downloads Plugin But I deactivated All I tried in another theme but nothing
    I couldnt fix

awpt
    Participant

@awpt

Just tried with default theme of wordpress but nothing
    If some one tell me how to remove it from database I will reinstall bbpress but I cand find the tables too.I want to remove bbpress tables for a new fresh Installation But there is nothing about bbpress in my database and the forums with topics are there in site.com/forums

Robkk

@robkk

@awpt

create an admin user for me so i can see whats causing the issue, and send the login details to my email.

Contact

awpt
    Participant

@awpt

Thanks,
    I figuret it out Reseting Roles using the plugin User Role Editor

Robin W

@robin-w

@awpt – can you help us to help others who may have this issue.

Did you have user role editor already? – so that this plugin might be the one having the issue?
    If not what other plugins did you have?
    And if you installed it just to fix, what exactly did you do one you have installed it, is it just a reset?

By the way for your information bbpress doesn’t have it own tables, it uses the custom post types of forum, topic and reply.

awpt
    Participant

@awpt

No,
    so I didnt have the plugin installed before, my plugins installed were , Easy Digital Downloads and EDD Extensions but this issue happend after the wordpress update from 3.9.3 to 4.1.1

It was very easy I just installed the plugin and I went to the Settings page of the User Role Editor there was only one button wich Asks to reset I clicked and Done.Now I dont have any issue.

Robin W

@robin-w

and have you uninstalled the plugin?

awpt
    Participant

@awpt

no no I have plugin installed on y site I didnt Uninstall it so everything is fine

Robin W

@robin-w

thanks

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar