The way subscriptions worked changed between 2.5.x and 2.6.x
So if you have run the actions in
then I’d suggest you try
dashboard>tools>repair forums> and run one at a time
Thanks for your reply. There are 20 listed under repair forums. Do you suggest to run each one? Or just a specific one?
I’d start with
Recalculate engagements in each topic for each user
We did run all 20 items of “repair forum”. But unfortunately it did not solve the problem. The user still can’t see the forum he subscribed to. We also did run all item of “upgrade forum” but no changes.
What else can be done?
so is this just one user?
No, it’s for every user who has had subscribed to a forum or does subscribe to one.
1. if you set up a new test user and subscribe them, do you see this?
2. suggest you get one user to unsubscribe and subscribe again to a forum, and see if that fixes for them
1. Nope, not working either.
2. Tried that already, unfortunately it is not working, too.
But subscribing to a topic is still working perfectly.
ok, I cannot replicate – might be a multisite issue, might not.
all I can suggest further is the standard advice :
it could be a theme or plugin issue
As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.
If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.
If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users
Then come back
We will do some further testing/troubleshooting. If something comes up I will let you know.
Thanks for your support!