Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

User profile full width page

• mica123
    Participant

@mica123

When I set up bbpress first locally on my computer, I managed to get all pages for bbpress full width with no sidebars. I simply went to Theme options and set all pages and posts to default full page width tempates.
    Now I am setting up bbpress on a live site. bbpress forum pages display correctly in full width, but to my unpleasant surprise the user profile page displays with a sidebar. I simply can’t get rid of the sidebar and make the page full width. This is very disappointing for me – can someone help, please? I spent so much time getting it ready beforehand and i was hoping that I would not encounter any more hurdles. Thank you.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

This might be related to your theme and bbPress theme compatibility. I think what you are experiencing is similar to what other theme frameworks could experience with bbPress.

https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2545

There might be a workaround for this though by using the template you are already using and creating a bbpress.php template from that so that all your bbPress pages you that template.

Use what the file to find out what template is being used from your theme for the other bbPress pages, then copy that template and rename it bbpress.php.

Getting Started in Modifying the Main bbPress Template

mica123
    Participant

@mica123

Thank you very much. I did set up the bbpres.php template on the basis of page.php – the same way as I did in my test site. However, this does not work for the user profile at all on the live site for some strange reason. Just now I found a workaround by using CSS – not sure if this is the correct way. But I would really like to know what the bbpress.php works for all pages except the user page. The CSS I used is:

body.bbp-user-page.single.singular.bbpress div#content.grid.col-620 {
    		width: 100%;
    	}

body.bbp-user-page.single.singular.bbpress div#widgets.grid.col-300.fit {
         		display: none;
    	}

Please let me have your thoughts.

Robkk

@robkk

I forgot you are using the Responsive theme and you shouldn’t get the same issue as some other theme frameworks.

Remove your CSS and use this code for your bbpress.php file. It should work fine and be full width for your bbPress pages.

https://gist.github.com/robkk/8a2a01a4d0e7d29c9d12

mica123
    Participant

@mica123

Thank you so much – as always. It worked. I just don’t understand why
    I had no problems with the user page on the local computer – the settings were the same.
    I hope I won’t run into any more problems – it’s been frustrating.

Robkk

@robkk

Oh no problem 🙂

stayfitlonger333
    Participant

@stayfitlonger333

Hello Can you Please Help me i have the same problem how can i fix it ?

mica123
    Participant

@mica123

It is so long ago since I used it. I am not sure which theme you are using – it really depends on that. I was using the old Responsive theme and @robkk advised me to use a different code for the bbpress.php file. I am coying what I found in my files for you here, but I really don’t know if this is the correct one. Unfortunately, @robkk is not active any more – he was truly wonderful.

<?php

// Exit if accessed directly
    if ( !defined( 'ABSPATH' ) ) {
    	exit;
    }

/**
     * bbPress Template
     * @file           bbpress.php
     * @package        bbPress
     * @author         Robkk
     * @version        Release: 1.0
     * @filesource     wp-content/themes/responsive/bbpress.php
     * @link           https://codex.bbpress.org/themes/theme-compatibility/getting-started-in-modifying-the-main-bbpress-template/
     * @since          available since Release 2.4
     */

get_header(); ?>

<div id="content-full" class="grid col-940">

<?php if ( have_posts() ) : ?>

<?php while( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>

<div id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>" <?php post_class(); ?>>

<h1 class="entry-title post-title"><?php the_title(); ?></h1>

<div class="post-entry">
    					<?php the_content(); ?>
    				</div>
    				<!-- end of .post-entry -->

<div class="post-edit"><?php edit_post_link( __( 'Edit', 'responsive' ) ); ?></div>

</div><!-- end of #post-<?php the_ID(); ?> -->

<?php endwhile; ?>

<?php endif; ?>

</div><!-- end of #content-full -->

<?php get_footer(); ?>

maradguz
    Participant

@maradguz

Thanks a lot. This solution helped me a lot.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar