Categories
Search
Bottom

Urgent: Performance issues

• giobby
    Participant

@giobby

Hi everybody,

I’ve just finalised the migration from PhpBB to BBpress.
    I’have noticed that when I open a read a topic for the first time, there’s some processing happening in the background the takes time depending on the number of replies in that topic.

– hundred of replies can take more than 10 seconds. Once I am in the topic, if I open it again with another user, it’s fast.
    – thousand of replies can end up in a ” PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded”
    – also, a test I did on a topic with about 40K replies ended up in an “Allowed memory size of XXXX bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4096 bytes) in Unknown on line 0” error.

I am on a dedicated server and I can change all the memory and execution time limits parameters, but I have the feeling this should not be the solution.
    I don’t understand why there0s so much processing happening.

After a second look, I’ve noticed that the replies are not paginated. So the system tries to return all the replies in one shot.
    I’ve tried to change the pagination settings and also to deactivate/reactivate the plugin but it didn’t fix the issue.

Even when I move a topic in the thrash, there’s some php logic that eliminates the replies one by one and can take a minute when the topic has 40 replies.

Is this normal?

Anyone who can help?

Thanks,

Gio

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar