Categories
Search
Bottom

Uninstalling BBPress

• jordanpinski
    Participant

@jordanpinski

Hi,

I can’t seem to find documentation on how to remove bbpress. My issue with the plugin is the ‘edit’ feature on posts doesn’t work (I’m guessing reinstalling would fix this). Disabling the plugin leaves the keymaster usermeta fields in the database causing no access to the dashboard. What’s the correct way of doing this?

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

whats your theme?
    whats your version of bbpress?
    whats your error when you click edit?

to uninstall ,

you first clear forum data by going to tools>forums>reset forums

deactivate , then uninstall in plugins directory

Disabling the plugin leaves the keymaster usermeta fields in the database causing no access to the dashboard.

i dont know how this is happening…

KevinBCarney
    Participant

@kevinbcarney

I’m having the same issue and when I followed these instructions:
    tools>forums>reset forums

The deletion of one set of tables failed.
    I would attach a screen shot if I could.
    Deleting Posts… Success!
    Deleting Post Meta… Success!
    Deleting Topic Tags… Success!
    Deleting Conversion Table… Failed
    Deleting Settings… Success!
    Deleting Roles and Capabilities… Success!

Not sure what to do next.

jordanpinski
    Participant

@jordanpinski

Thanks Rob,

whats your error when you click edit?

There is no error, the page/topic reloads. I’ve looked all over and can’t find a solution.

Robkk

@robkk

@jordanpinski did you reinstall and see if it fixed the problem??

@kevinbcarney The Deleting Conversion Table… Failed is nothing to worry about, this is just cleaning up and removing the extra database table if you had previously imported forums.

@jordanpinski
    wrote

“My issue with the plugin is the ‘edit’ feature on posts doesn’t work”

Could you clarify what you mean by this, editing WordPress Posts or bbPress topics/replies?

Rob is also correct above (presuming you do want to delete all bbPress data)

• Run “Reset Forums”
    • Deactivate bbPress
    • Uninstall bbPress plugin

I’ve just tested this and I have no issues accessing the dashboard after performing the above steps.

Caveat: You are correct that the bbp_keymaster role is still assigned to the user in wp_usermeta, though this should not block access for you to WordPress’ dashboard, there is a tweak to the uninstall/deactivation for bbPress 2.6 listed here in #2580. I also came upon another issue that I’m updating a patch for now, but again, none of this should be stopping yopu from accessing the dashboard after deactivation and/or uninstall.

As Rob wrote, what other plugins are you using that may conflict with this? It could be any plugin role or capability related and/or other plugins that extend bbPress functionality.

KevinBCarney
    Participant

@kevinbcarney

Stephen… Thank you for your reply.

Here is my current issue.

When the bbPress plugin is activated, I can access my website via zippe.biz/wp-admin.

When the bbPress plugin is deactivated, I can not. Instead what I see is a page that displays:

Error 500
    The server encountered a syntax error, and could not complete your request.
    Website owner? check your code, and your debug log, you may find a ‘parse’ error in there.
    Visitor? Try and reload it in a few minutes.

I disabled then deleted bbPress and still saw the error reported above. I then re-installed and re-enabled bbPress and the error went away. I then disabled bbPress and the error returned.

I have no idea what to do next. My hosting provider is working on this as well as we’re not sure where to focus our attention.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

As stated, what other plugins do you have installed?

KevinBCarney
    Participant

@kevinbcarney

Sorry. I forgot to include that.

Quite a few.

Active:
    Akismet
    AtContent
    Captcha
    CommentLuv Premium
    Contact Form 7
    Duplicate Post
    Flamingo
    Google Plus Authorship
    Google XML Sitemaps v3 for qTranslate
    Greg’s High Performance SEO
    MaxButtons
    Mingle Forum
    nrelate Related Content
    Open external links in a new window
    OptimizeMember
    Smart Google Analytics Code
    Wordfence Security
    WordPress HTTPS
    WP-Optimize

Inactive:
    404 Redirected: Conflicts with MingleForum, not yet deleted
    bbPress
    Debug Bar: Installed by my hosting provider
    Developer: Installed by my hosting provider
    Hello Dolly
    Long Depreciated Notices: Installed by my hosting provider
    P3 (Plugin Performance Profiler)
    Post Duplicator
    Social Sharing Toolkit
    Use Google Libraries: Installed by my hosting provider
    WordPress SEO

None of those plugins standout as something that would cause the issue, though I expect most likely it is one of them…

You state:

When the bbPress plugin is deactivated, I can not. Instead what I see is a page that displays:

And then:

I disabled then deleted bbPress and still saw the error reported above. I then re-installed and re-enabled bbPress and the error went away.

If you can’t access /wp-admin with bbPress disabled, how exactly are you re-activating bbPress?

Also as per another previous post of mine above:

“My issue with the plugin is the ‘edit’ feature on posts doesn’t work”

Could you clarify what you mean by this, editing WordPress Posts or bbPress topics/replies?

My suggestion here would be to activate bbPress and try to “edit post” whatever the case may be per my previous post above (WordPress posts or bbPress topic/reply) and if you still cannot “edit” whatever it is you are trying to edit start disabling all your active plugins one by one, once you deactivate one try your ‘edit’ thing again, if it now works you know the conflicting plugin, if not disable another plugin and try again.

KevinBCarney
    Participant

@kevinbcarney

Stephen… Excellent question.

When I access zippe.biz/wp-admin, I see the 404 error.

When I access zippe.biz/wp-admin/edit.php I do not.

So to get into the dashboard, I access zippe.biz/wp-admin/edit.php.

I’ll deactive all my plugins and see what happens. I’ll let you know.

KevinBCarney
    Participant

@kevinbcarney

When I deactivate all my plugins I still experience the Error 500 when I access zippe.biz/wp-admin.

Try switching your theme to Twenty Fourteen

KevinBCarney
    Participant

@kevinbcarney

This is weird. When the only active plugin is bbPress, I see the Error 500. When I active bbPress and the other 19 plugins, I do not see the Error 500. I will experiment some more and get back to you.

KevinBCarney
    Participant

@kevinbcarney

OK. Here is what I’ve found.

Independent of other plugins, I do not see the Error 500 when both bbPress and OptimizeMember are activated.

If only one of them is activated I see the error.

KevinBCarney
    Participant

@kevinbcarney

I switched my theme to twenty fourteen. I then deactivated bbPress. I still saw the Error 500 when trying to access zippe.biz/wp-admin.

I reactivated bbPress and switched back to the OptimziePress theme.

KevinBCarney
    Participant

@kevinbcarney

Stephen… That’s for the reference, but unfortunately I tried what they suggested with no change in symptoms. I’m now waiting for OptimziePress support to access my system and let me know what they find.

As it is a premium plugin I can’t download it to have a quick look, there are also a few other bbPress issues on their forums/support site that would be worth reading also.

jordanpinski
    Participant

@jordanpinski

Stephen, Thanks!

I found the plugin causing the issue. It was WP Front End Editor.

KevinBCarney
    Participant

@kevinbcarney

I thought you would like to know my hosting provider persevered and created a procedure to resolve this issue. It was….

=== From the support engineer ===
    1. Deactivate the bbPress plugin.
    2. Find the database version in the wp_options table and reset that back to “1”. I could have picked an actual WordPress database version (and probably something as simple as the most recent), but I knew this worked from the testing on the development site.
    3. Once the database version was manually set back to 1, I had to navigate to: https://zippe.biz/wp-admin/upgrade.php. This forced WordPress to run all of the database upgrades required to get from version 1 to the latest version of the database (27916).
    4. Once the upgrades had completed I needed to reset the account password for our account. I noticed this was required on both the staging site and the live site, so my hunch is it may have reset some keys. You’ll likely need to do this for all of your accounts as well.
    5. After the password had been reset I was able to login and the dashboard loaded normally.

Nice support (and work) from your hosting provider and glad your resolved, still a strange issue though.

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar