Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Unified WordPress + Forum Search

• SplitRock
    Participant

@splitrock

Like @rastarr two years ago and @acornale last week, I’m looking for a way to perform a unified search of both my website and the bbpress forum. (Forum results show up in WordPress search, not just in separate forum search.)

In both cases, Search bbPress was a recommended solution. Unfortunately, the plugin hasn’t been updated since 2011, and Support threads indicate it does not work well with the latest version of bbPress. The forum on my site is also behind a paywall, and the search function in this plugin would circumvent the login page.

bbPress Search Widget was the other recommendation, and the author is still active in the Support threads. However, “unified search”, or anything similar, is not one of the features listed in the description.

Does anyone know if bbPress Search Widget includes a unified search of the site and the forum? (I’ve reached out to the author and am waiting on an answer, but it seems unlikely that a feature such as unified search wouldn’t be listed under bbPress Search Widget features.)

If not, are there any current alternatives for making a unified site search? Is bbPress likely to add this function as an option in the future?

Thanks for your time.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• RafaelDeJongh
    Participant

@rafaeldejongh

I’d like to know if a possibility for this as well as I’m having various problems with the internal search.

Robkk

@robkk

i dont know for sure but i guess use google custom search and put it on your website, it should show anything that comes up on your website on that.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar